MTV Half-Blood Prince Set Visit Footage Released Early

Movies
February 21, 2009, 07:44 AM

Well, this is a great way to start the day: footage from the MTV visit to the set of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online. As seen here via YouTube, interviews with actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry) and Rupert Grint  (Ron) are available, as well hearing comments from actress Jessie Cave on her role as Lavender Brown. You can also see behind the scenes looks as they, along with actress Emma Watson (Hermione), are preparing to shoot the winter scene featuring the Trio and Lavender (presumably the necklace scene). Also new are comments from director David Yates on the well publicized new scene that has been written specifically for the movie regarding the Death Eater attack on the Burrow. Enjoy!

This footage is from the MTV "Spoilers" program which will be broadcast on the cable station around the world tonight at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Erna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

that’s cool, but I still will watch it tonight! :0

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 21, 2009, 07:46 PM report to moderator
L_4f8492193bc31738b769bdb0cbce620d_thumb

was that it? It just came one, and lasted for like 30 seconds, and I don’t think there is any more. What a disappointment!

Posted by MaggieM (ROAR) on February 21, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator
L_4f8492193bc31738b769bdb0cbce620d_thumb

ok wait..can we please discuss this new scene? I don’t really understand. I mean, so Harry and Ginny have to defend themselves at the Weasley’s house? When? At the beginning? I’m confused….

Posted by MaggieM (ROAR) on February 21, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

I thought it was going to be longer….

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on February 21, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
467050_thumb

Well, that was a complete waste of time. I thought they were going to show more!

Posted by pinkmoonlight on February 21, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator
C9651bb469eb9c5e_thumb

I guess I shouldn’t have expected more than that. I like tuned into the MTV and expected like a full segment not 1:06. I’m a little sad now.

Posted by hglovesrw {ROAR} on February 21, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

I can’t believe they just created a scene out of their ass! That’s what grates me so much about WB, all they care about is their stupid money and selling tickets. People will still see this movie regardless if they made that scene or not. It’s Harry Potter for crying out loud! People will see because it’s Harry Potter. I wish WB cared more about what really matters. They make a movie based on an amazing book. They should stick to the book. Not create Death Eater scenes out of their ass! >:-[

Posted by KatherineWeasley on February 21, 2009, 08:23 PM report to moderator
Me_2010_thumb

I’m so disappointed they didn’t show more during the actual show! :(

Posted by Stephanie J on February 21, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

stephanie, i know how you feel. i was like “that’s it?!”

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 21, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Yeah I saw it already. Hmm wish they would give us more. . .

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 21, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yeah, I really wish there was more…. very disappointed by it!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 21, 2009, 09:23 PM report to moderator

I wish they would’ve shown more… I like the idea of the Burrow attack thing though.

Posted by rosalie on February 21, 2009, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Squee. Can’t wait to see what they will show at the Oscars!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on February 21, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

awesome footage

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 21, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
C_01_thumb

I was pretty annoyed that they didn’t show more. I never watch MTV so that was a waste of time considering I saw the video on Leaky anyway.

How are people, that visit the fan sites still just finding out about this new scene? Its staring to annoy me every time I see a complainer.

Posted by Rose on February 21, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator

"I'VE BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE THAN YOU TWO'VE EVER MANAGED AND DUMBLEDORE KNOWS IT -- WHO SAVED THE SORCERER'S STONE? WHO GOT RID OF RIDDLE? WHO SAVED BOTH YOUR NECKS FROM THE DEMENTORS?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014