JK Rowling is Up to No Good... for a Good Reason

Charity
February 21, 2009, 07:43 AM

Today, we are happy to report that J.K. Rowling has been up to no good....for a good reason. The Harry Potter author paid a visit to a hospital in Edinburgh, Scotland, where she brought cheer in the form of unique graffiti on the walls of the unit. The Scotsman writes: "Ms Rowling, 43, daubed graffiti on the walls of the Young People's Unit at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Morningside, which cares for teenagers with complex psychiatric conditions.

Consultant psychologist Dr Jane Morris said: "She really does spread magic. She's a natural and knows how to talk to young people. And she's extremely cool. She does graffiti on the walls which is probably worth a fortune.

"She's drawn all of us and wrote 'JK Rowling was here'.
...
And her way with the capital's troubled teens impressed staff.

Dr Morris said: "I'd offer her a job any time as she's already a great therapist."

We at TLC think that Peeves certainly would approve!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Rsz_1myleakypic_thumb

Jo never ceases to blow my mind. She is made of pure awesome :)

Posted by SnapeShapedHole on February 21, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Wolfpatronus2_thumb

Cool, I wish I could see that graffiti. Jo is just an amazing person, and I am still looking for a wizard rock band who could dedicate a “Thank You” song to JK Rowling.

Posted by half-blood queen~ROAR~ on February 21, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Poster_thumb

WOW I LOVE HOW MUCH SHE’S GIVES BACK

Posted by skittles on February 21, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Yeah I read this in the paper this morning!! I was sitting their laughing so hard!! GO JO GO!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on February 21, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

Jo is absolutly amazing! She is so cool. Not every author would take the time to do something like that. You rock, Jo!

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on February 21, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

Aww, she is such a great person. I wish we could see a picture of that graffiti, though. I hope they post one soon. :)

Posted by Sophie on February 21, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

That’s so cool, Jo is so awesome. That would totally make me happy if i was in the hospital and i got to walk by and see Jo’s name every day. Squee! Go Jo!

Posted by kayzz on February 21, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

awesome job Jo ;)

Posted by Sarabi on February 21, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

awesome job Jo ;)

Posted by Sarabi on February 21, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

oh man! i would love for Jo to graffiti my wall :D Jo like always, is amazing.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 21, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator

That is so cool. I love Jo.

Posted by GinnyClone30250 on February 21, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

My job requires me to interact with a mental health facility, and it is rather dreary there. I am glad to hear that she did her part to make that one fun :) You go, girl!

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 21, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

She is way cool and she can graffiti my walls any day!

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 21, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator

That is so cool!! More people need to be like that. Amazing job Jo!!

Posted by Alisha {DFTBA} on February 21, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Eyecon_-_copy_thumb

I think she is amazing! I would love to see the picture!

Posted by pottercullen17 ~ROAR~ on February 21, 2009, 07:34 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...Ron was staring at Hermione as though suddenly seeing her in a whole new light.[br]"Hermione, Neville's right -- you [i]are[/i] a girl..."[br]"Oh well spotted," she said acidly.[br]"Well -- you can come with one of us!"[br]"No, I can't," snapped Hermio