Extra "level of polish" on Half-Blood Prince Video Game

Video Games
Posted by: Edward
February 20, 2009, 02:41 PM

There is a new interview online today from GamerVision.com with John Fenno, a Senior Product Manager from EA, about the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game.  In the interview, Mr. Fenno discusses the differences between this and the previous games, what gamers can expect from the various platforms, and how they've utilized the various strengths of each platform.  He also notes that the game, which he calls an "action packed experience from start to finish," has gone through a "level of polish" since the release of the game was delayed along with the film last summer.  Quoteage:

"We put in an extra level of polish on the game that, I think, we can confidently say that this is the best Harry Potter game that we've ever made."
You can watch the interview, which runs just over three minutes in length and features a number of clips from the video game, via this link.

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game is slated for release in the Summer of 2009.

Thanks to DeathlyHallowz!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Editedladybug_thumb

1 st! cool!

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on February 20, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

i cant wait! that sounds so cool!

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on February 20, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

At least we get something good from this delay.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on February 20, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

hahaa…poor guys. They were all done and then their project got extended! Extra time to polish is an understatement. It’s tragically funny.

Posted by eiVega on February 20, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

I’m so glad they took this opportunity to add the polish. I was hoping they might, seeing as it’s more feasible with a video game.

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 20, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator

Yeah…I’ve never played any of the Harry Potter games. Everyone has told me they suck. I’ll have to try this one out though. :p

Posted by on February 20, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

I hope it is better than the OOTP game, I got stuck on that one.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 20, 2009, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

This is reassuring! I thought that the work they did on the Order of the Phoenix was exceptional; needless to say, it seems safe to assume that the next installment in the game franchise will prove even more satisfactory. I am certain they all did a fantastic job and cannot wait to purchase this one when it reaches stores.

Posted by Kirk on February 20, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator

I cannot wait to play this! I will have to buy it the day it comes out.

Posted by Jennibelle on February 20, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Hbp_promo_officialposter_01_thumb

what previous harry potter games has everyone here played and on wat platforms? also, how do u compare them to each other?

Posted by StefanM94[WBM!] on February 20, 2009, 03:57 PM report to moderator
P1020255_thumb

I am so excited for this game!! I’m sure it will be great!!

Posted by butter_mellow on February 20, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator

I’m such a doofus… I thought this said an ‘Extra level of Polish’ e.g. a whole level of people from Poland was featured in the game :S Brainfart for today done with :D

Posted by LollyxThexPop on February 20, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Photo_95_thumb

oh my goodness. i’m pumped. the 5th one is addicting enough!

Posted by vomit on February 20, 2009, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Photo_95_thumb

haha i totally thought the same thing lollyxthexpop!

Posted by vomit on February 20, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Glad they put the extra time to good use – shouldn’t be any bugs then!! Really looking forward to playing a new HP game!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 20, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them. Even Muggles feel their presence, though they ca