Trio Watch: Watson, Grint and Radcliffe Updates

HP Cast
February 02, 2009, 09:53 AM

A few updates today regarding work done outside the Harry Potter films by the trio of Emma Watson (Hermione), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Dan Radcliffe (Harry).

First as a follow to what we first told you last month: The dinner plate that Emma Watson designed for charity is now up for auction. Bidding is going well for the dinner plate (seen here) which is part of the Blue Peter Mission Nutrition campaign to help fight world hunger. The auction runs until February 7th.

Tickets for Cherrybomb, the new film starring Rupert Grint which is premiering this month at the Berlin Film Festival went on sale this morning. If you are interested buying tickets to the premiere where Rupert is due to attend on Sunday, February 8th, or one of the later screenings of the film, click here.

Equus, the play starring actors Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) is due to come to an end this month on Broadway. As such, the famed restaraunt Sardis has added a caricature of Dan Radcliffe to the walls of their legendary building in New York, joining the hundreds of famed actors and actresses who have graced the boards of the theater over the years. You can see video footage and an interview from Broadway.com with Dan here in our galleries, as well as photos from Just jared, and Broadwayworld.com. The final performance of Dan and Richard in Equus will be on February 8th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

My_hero_neville_thumb

@Courtney Quirke, Dan has to do something special on the last night, doesn’t he? Maybe, he’ll sign autographs for everybody. I’m think I’m jealous now!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 02, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator

The entire production of Equus was fantastic. I thnk that Dan has a great future as an actor.

Posted by SybilT on February 02, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I’m not a big fan of her plate designing. But it’s for a good cause, so way to go Emma.

I can’t wait for Cherrybomb! Rupert’s so hawt in it!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 02, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Daniel_and_lorenzo_-_holding_the_equus_broadway_bear__thumb

I’m going to closing show of Equus this Sunday! And uh..going Friday and Saturday too. I’ve loved this show and have seen in a few times. I’m going to miss it and it will be sad seeing Daniel and Richard take their final bows.

We’re heading to Sardi’s before the close so hopefully the caricature is up.

I wasn’t sure what to thing about the caricature either, but after hearing Daniel talk about it..I like it.

Posted by mariapotter on February 02, 2009, 10:59 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I think the portrait, being a caricature, is really good. Sadly I don’t think Emma had a lot of time to do the plate, I don’t think it is aweful I just epected more because the artwork on her site is really nice. I think it would be hard to be given something like that and come up with a design and have the time to do it. I am glad that she took part, and I hope the plate makes a ton of money for the charity.

Posted by carebie on February 02, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator

I am so sad that I wont be able to see Equus… I’m so happy for Daniel Radcliffe though. That caricature looks really cool XD
Emma Watson is doing a great thing for charity _
And I can’t wait to see Cherry Bomb! It will be lovely to see Rupert Grint expand his skills beyond funny faces :P (although, to be fair, Order of the Phoenix reallys showed off the real Ron)

Posted by Sophie on February 03, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator

She did the plate when she was in a BBC TV studio during the Blue Peter show in December.

Posted by Fonty on February 03, 2009, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Iconator_0fcee819185ab7e212f09b96da90c385_thumb

The plate is selling for a ridikulus amount. My friends and I always joke about Equus. I want to see the play because of Dan, but I don’t really want to see……how to put this…..I don’t want to see that much of Dan

Posted by DuckyLynn on February 03, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Dan’s caricature looks like a cross between a Hollywood star and an elf. Haha.
I’m so excited for Cherrybomb! I’ve got to check when it’s coming to Canada. British films always take so long..

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 03, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Need.To.See.Cherrybomb..
:d
-ily rupert <3

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on February 03, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

Wow! Congrats to Dan for getting a caricature in Sardis (an “honor” few Broadway actors can claim!)

Though I do have to admit, the likeness isn’t as close as some of the fan art I’ve seen… perhaps it’s because the artist didn’t attempt to accentuate any particular feature of Dan to make it appear more like him?

Posted by Emily Erland on February 04, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

I wanna see cherrybomb!!!!

Posted by calliet2b4g on February 04, 2009, 02:20 AM report to moderator
N1314356338_7633_thumb
20582 Points

i cant wait for cherrybomb!!!!! he was great in driving lessons!!!!

Posted by ٭Ĥ☻ğđ☻ъъÿ٭ Ř☻äř٭ on February 04, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Am I the only one that thinks that caricature of Dan Radcliffe looks more like Leonardo DiCaprio? LOL

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on February 04, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"And as for Potter... My father says it's a matter of time before the Ministry has him carted off to St. Mungo's... apparently they've got a special ward for people whose brains have been addled by magic..."[br]Malfoy made a grotesque face, his mouth sagg