Trio Watch: Watson, Grint and Radcliffe Updates

HP Cast
February 02, 2009, 09:53 AM

A few updates today regarding work done outside the Harry Potter films by the trio of Emma Watson (Hermione), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Dan Radcliffe (Harry).

First as a follow to what we first told you last month: The dinner plate that Emma Watson designed for charity is now up for auction. Bidding is going well for the dinner plate (seen here) which is part of the Blue Peter Mission Nutrition campaign to help fight world hunger. The auction runs until February 7th.

Tickets for Cherrybomb, the new film starring Rupert Grint which is premiering this month at the Berlin Film Festival went on sale this morning. If you are interested buying tickets to the premiere where Rupert is due to attend on Sunday, February 8th, or one of the later screenings of the film, click here.

Equus, the play starring actors Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) is due to come to an end this month on Broadway. As such, the famed restaraunt Sardis has added a caricature of Dan Radcliffe to the walls of their legendary building in New York, joining the hundreds of famed actors and actresses who have graced the boards of the theater over the years. You can see video footage and an interview from Broadway.com with Dan here in our galleries, as well as photos from Just jared, and Broadwayworld.com. The final performance of Dan and Richard in Equus will be on February 8th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Img_4556_thumb

I think my son made a plate like that in art class :D

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 02, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

im looking forward to Cherrybomb. Ruperts a really good actor. He was really good in Driving Lessons

Posted by Chad on February 02, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator

The plate designed by Ms Watson currently has the highest bids with 360£ (512$), Nich Park´s in second with 261£ (371$), and Richard Hammond at third with 127£ (180$). I can´t help but wonder whether this has to do with the design or the designer. :)

Posted by Fonty on February 02, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Zooey_thumb

I’d rather have Nick Park’s plate – he created Wallace & Gromit! It’s cool that Dan has received his own caricature at Sardi’s – makes him a real part of the Broadway scene. I’m sure the Rupert fans are looking forward to cherrybomb too. Is it next week that they all get back to Leavesdon to start filming?

Posted by miriam the wounded on February 02, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Even though that plate is for a charity for hunger I still think it is really random. However I applaud her for doing some good in the world and raising some money.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on February 02, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Da_copy_thumb

Wow, Emma is so multi talented…well, except for plate art :) But its fantastic for her to get involved with such campaigns. Dan is hilarious as usual on the video. And good luck to Rupert with Cherrybomb.

Posted by Professor Potter on February 02, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Hermione_l_thumb

hope she raises a lot of money..

Posted by Hermione_1991 [ WBM ] on February 02, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

The dinner plate looks quite good :)
I actually never heard about Cherrybomb but I loved Driving Lessons and have to see his next film. Rupert Grint is fantastic.
I wish I had the chance to see Equus with Dan in the cast :( I’ve heard so much good about it and his acting. Congrats to him though for doing such a great job and for also receiving a caricature.

Posted by thereshegoes on February 02, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i like how the plate looks somewhat like flower grafitti. :] i <3 the trio.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 02, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Dsc00162_thumb

Love, love, love Emma…but that plate is pretty lame. Still, it’s for charity…

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on February 02, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I’m really looking forward to Cherrybomb, since I liked Driving Lessons. I wonder when it’s coming out in France…

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 02, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Talking of lame, that drawing of Daniel is pathetic, I’ve seen much better ones in our Fan Art section. To talk of it as a caricature is just an insult to those artists who work in that genre.

Posted by Graymayne on February 02, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

LOVE the trio. I’m not into casting celebrities as role models, but these three might make me change my mind!

But I confess I’m not crazy about the plate Emma designed. The artwork she did for her site is WONDERFUL, but IMO, this not so much. But it is for a really good cause and I hope it gets a good price. I’m not crazy about Dan’s caricature either. Guess it’s that kind of day for me. I know it’s a caricature, but shouldn’t it have more resemblance to Dan??

Well one good thing – I am VERY HAPPY with what’s going on with Rupert these days. I think he has a very bright future ahead of him!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 02, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

I think Emma’s plate is cute, but it maybe didn’t take the most time in the world. But, to be honest, when someone presents you with something like that, I imagine you sort of get stuck with what to do. Later you probably think of all the cool things you could’ve put on a dinner plate.

If I saw the caricature I would recognize him, it’s just that the Dan standing next to him seems to be a bit unkempt and his portrait is not! (But I do agree I have seen more accurate in the fanart.)

And I think Rupert plays Ron so perfectly and comically, I just wish him all the best success with Cherrybomb!

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on February 02, 2009, 02:13 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

The plate is kinda plain. Its cool but not very artsy. I’d like to have it.

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 02, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator

"Listen, I knew Bertha Jorkins," said Sirius grimly. "She was at Hogwarts when I was, a few years above your dad and me. And she was an idiot. Very nosy, but no brains, none at all. It's not a good combination, Harry."