Matt Lewis Talks Neville and Nagini in New Interview

Lewis Interviews
February 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

Actor Matt Lewis has given a new interview where he briefly mentions his role as Neville Longbottom in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. In a online chat held over the weekend, Matt says he has still not yet seen the script for the films which are due to start filming on the 15th of this month, but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers. Matt responds to several questions on Deathly Hallows, one regarding his favorite Neville moment in Book Seven, and what it is like to play a character so pivotal to the plot line of the book:

Matt Lewis: Deathly Hallows is going to be so much fun to shoot. I don't have a script yet, so I can't be exactly sure how everything is going to work out. However, I think my answer will be a bit predictable! The scene I'm looking forward to the most is when Neville swings the sword and kills Nagini. That is going to be intense! In fact, the whole final battle sequence is going to be amazing. Still can't believe they're going to trust me with a sword though!
...

"It's got to be the sword swinging, snake killing bit I'm looking forward to most. I guess that's pretty "kick-butt." I'm really excited about it. I got a taste for the action side of things in Order of the Phoenix and I can't wait to do some more!

...
It gives me a great sense of responsibility. I know what the books meant to me when I read them and I imagine the films can mean the same to people and so it's very important to get it right. Playing a character that has such a crucial role in how the story develops is inspiring and I'm very excited about it- I just have to make sure I don't mess it up!

Be sure to read more with Matt and the interview with Castlewhitefang.com via this link. Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

Picture_1_bigger_thumb

I can’t wait to see this! Matt Lewis does such a great job as Neville :)

Posted by AllysonLassiter on February 03, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Lunasane_thumb

I really hope they do it right and let Neville have his moment. I look forward to seeing him chop off Nagini’s head. And Matt has grown up so handsome…

Posted by wendybird3 on February 03, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

What a great interview! I love reading about Matt’s insights on the other HP actors, like Rupert and Evanna. He really understands Neville’s character. I’m so excited to see Neville in this movie.

Posted by starkitty313 on February 03, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
1378406896_thumb

How could he mess up, he’s like Perfect :p

Posted by Cassia Lenoir [*HS*][*squee!*] on February 03, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Imported_photos_00054_thumb

I’m so excited to see Neville’s BAMF moment!!
I love Matt too…hope he has fun with it!

Posted by Leron_Weasley_616 on February 03, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Iconator_0fcee819185ab7e212f09b96da90c385_thumb

I am so excited for that. Matt does such a great job of portraying Neville, he’s going to be amazing!

Posted by DuckyLynn on February 03, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator

I really hope that they don’t change that scene.

Posted by BallerinasROCK on February 03, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Lunaavvie4_thumb

Yes! I love Matt and Neville! I can’t wait for the whole Nagini scene. Neville needs a big part in that film. It was one of the best bits in the book, in my opinion.

Posted by katem4 on February 03, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I can’t wait to see those scenes also!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 03, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Matt is the best. I hope he’s got an okay role in HBP (Deathly Hallows still seems far, far away).

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 03, 2009, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 03, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Best. EVER

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on February 04, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

Neville!

Posted by placebowiz on February 04, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

Oh, Matt. I’m definitely looking forward to that scene as well, and won’t be disappointed at how you portray the role! I’m going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that everyone else putting the film together makes the right choices to help you make that scene the best it can be!

Posted by Emily Erland on February 04, 2009, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Magicemilyicon_thumb

Aww he sounds so excited!
I’m excited too [:

Posted by Emily on February 04, 2009, 06:03 AM report to moderator

"Don't you dare talk to my mother like that, Potter!" Malfoy snarled.[br]"It's all right, Draco," said Narcissa, restraining him with her thin white fingers upon his shoulder. "I expect Potter will be reunited with dear Sirius before I am reunited with Lu