First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ddore01_thumb

Hmm first thing i thought was Godric’s Hollow but I suppose it could also be the Tonk’s house – Godric’s Hollow is most likely tho I think.

Posted by scurvy_cur on February 20, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Desert_moon_thumb

I’m guessing Malfoy Manor.

Posted by kalb on February 20, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Dscf1056_thumb

It was too small for a manor and was definitely different house not just one.

Posted by johnhuk on February 20, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

It’s like now it’s becoming real!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on February 20, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Just remember, folks! Both ’Godrick’s Hollow’ and ’Spinner’s end’ were set, at night. A night film will look VERY different. Also, these are, most likely, not finished sets! This is gonna be so cool! I look forward to seeing the progression of the sets and the filming. [also, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t ’Spinner’s End’ in HPB?…where ‘Narcissa Malfoy’ asks ‘Snape’ to “save her son and make the Unbreakable Vow”? Just asking] It could also be “on the way” to Malfoy Manor?

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 20, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I would love to visit one of the sets.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 20, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

SO EXCITED :D

Posted by choirgeek on February 20, 2009, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Josh_as_potter_jpeg2_thumb

I think it’s Godric’s Hollow as well. Tough to tell in the daylight though. I’m sure we’ll only see it as a night shot.

Posted by Noah Nighthawk *ROAR* on February 21, 2009, 02:05 AM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I too am ridiculously excited

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on February 21, 2009, 02:10 AM report to moderator
Imported_photos_00054_thumb

WOW i can’t believe DH is starting to be filmed, its crazy and kinda sad ’cause its the last one.

Posted by Leron_Weasley_616 on February 21, 2009, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

might bee, but what about he Shell cottage?

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 21, 2009, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Can’t wait for DH!
There’s still like 144 days till HBP, so still a lonnggg time until DH.
I’m glad they are building the set already- it seems like they really want this movie to be good! =D

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 22, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

I am so excited!

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 22, 2009, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Definently not Spinners End. Maybe Godrics Hollow but that scene was at night and was quite late in the book – so would that be in part one? Perhaps it’s the Tonks street that would explain the Garden but that was also late evening/night. Arrrrrgh . . . . . . so many questions and no answers! I’m sooooo excited I’m practically wetting myself!!
xx

49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

That house looks a bit modern for Godric’s Hollow. Hmmm.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 22, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator

Fred and George looked at each other. Then Fred said abruptly, "I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but --"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014