First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dscf1056_thumb

Ok,

Here is the link to a higher-res close up pic I took today

Have a look now.

Posted by johnhuk on February 19, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Hbp_promo_officialposter_01_thumb

there is a strong likelyhood that it is Godrics Hollow but what about Shell Cottage? and also, Spinners End was in the 6th book so i highly doubt that they would include that in Deathly Hallows

Posted by StefanM94[WBM!] on February 19, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator

johnhuk
You’re right. I’ve just checked some pictures of Tottenham court road at Google images.

So I don’t know… Doesn’t seem like Godric’s Hollow to me.

Posted by Sofiagw on February 19, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I’m one of that small group of Americans who loves soccer (football). I’ve watched the Tottenham Spurs play on TV and I thought Tottenham was in the middle of London. That picture doesn’t look like a city street to me. Or do I need to learn more about London??

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 19, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Dscf1056_thumb

Tottenham is North London.

Tottenham Court Road is a road that runs along the top of Oxford Street (Central London) up to Camden.

Posted by johnhuk on February 19, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Ravenpwn_thumb

Ooh, looking at sets is always fun… even though these are sort of far away. :P I guess it’s most likely Godric’s Hollow… I can’t really think of any other “village scenes”. Ahhh, can’t wait for Deathly Hallows! :D

Posted by Daniel (: on February 19, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb

Wow I am so excited! My immediate reaction before reading other people’s responses was Godric’s Hollow and it looks almost exactly like I pictured Harry’s parents house in Godric’s Hollow. It is so exciting and I love all of the Harry Potter books the same, but after OOTP Deathly Hallows would be my 2nd favorite.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on February 19, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Hbp_promo_officialposter_01_thumb

@ KB Prez:
do u know another english/british football teams? :)

Posted by StefanM94[WBM!] on February 19, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
User144_pic2545_1286857182_thumb

This is exciting and I agree it could be Godrics Hollow.

Posted by firekeeper on February 19, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator

It looks like this film (two parts XD) will definitely be a high quality film. Not that the other films weren’t high quality but you can see that the houses have a special shape to bring the exact ambiance to the scene. I hope the directors and producers look at the making of the final film as a tribute to Harry Potter, that they’ll do everything to end the series with a bang.

Posted by Sorcererke on February 19, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

The part I most want to see is the Ravenclaw Common Room scene. Luna and McGonnagall ROCK the Carrows!!!!!!!!

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 19, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Me_2010_thumb

Having looked more closely at the pictures (I was in class earlier haha), I think it might definitely be Godric’s Hallow!

It couldn’t be Shell Cottage cause that’s supposed to be an isolated house near a lake or something.

Posted by Stephanie J on February 19, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Hbp_promo_officialposter_01_thumb

point taken, hpluver88 ;)

Posted by StefanM94[WBM!] on February 19, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Definatly seems like Godrics Hallow to me! So exciting! Can’t wait to see this!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on February 19, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator

Spinners end is in HBP, so this can’t possibly be that, unless they created an entire new scene that occurs in there. But I do agree with some of the previous posters that this doesn’t seem like the Godric’s Hollow that JKR described. I didn’t picture it as a row of town homes, but more spaced out suburbia kinda look. Definately not shell cottage – I thought that was kind of middle of no where.

This could also an entirely new scene/ srea that was never in the books at all. Wouldn’t be the first time they added something that was never in the books.

The only other possibilities I can think of would be in Seven potters – Scene at Tonk’s house, or perhap one of the other safe houses? – probably grasping at straws there.

Posted by JS297206 on February 19, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator

"Teach?" repeated Lockhart, looking faintly unsettled. "Me? Did I?"[br]And then the smile reappeared upon his face so suddenly it was rather alarming. "Taught you everything you know, I expect, did I? Well, how about those autographs, then? Shall we say a