First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbpicon_small_thumb

Awesome. It’s ridiculous how excited I am for DH when HBP isn’t even out yet.

Posted by abinar on February 19, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Omg new stuff yay! My first thought was it is probably Godrics Hollow, but it looks more like it could be Spinners End from the photos… idk. This has cheered me up though :D

Posted by MuggleQueen on February 19, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wow. hm…no idea..what could it be? Spinners end?hm… it doesn’t look like Snapes house.LOL.it doesn’t look like Godric’s hollow either. who knew?..but this is all so exciting!!!

Posted by Matea on February 19, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is just ridiculous that we are being overloaded with information about the production of the seventh and eighth films when the sixth has not been released yet! Regardless of what the set is for, it still looks fantastic!

Posted by Kirk on February 19, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Fawkesmini_thumb

My first impression was Godric’s Hollow. It just seems to have the right look.

Posted by AlorraSpinnet on February 19, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Photo_258_thumb

I’m thinking Godric’s Hollow? This is definitely quite exciting :)

Posted by Abby-Sian Lestrange on February 19, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Limebat1_thumb

Very intriguing – I’m thinking that it looks too clean for Spinner’s End (or is it just because that part of the book took place in the night and in the book it sounded like a not too pretty place?). On the other hand, the Godric’s Hollow chapter was also set at night, yes? Hmmm…..

Posted by Isabell |OoM4| |*Squee!*| on February 19, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Dscn0756-1_thumb

Alright, this is awesome. I love filiming time.

Posted by Shane [WBM] on February 19, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Spinners End is a mill town setting, with rows and rows of terraced worker’s houses according to the book, nothing like this wooded setting. It might possibly be Godric’s Hollow.

Posted by Graymayne on February 19, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

I’m also thinking Godric’s Hollow… I’m getting excited, ahhhh!!!

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on February 19, 2009, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Dontez_b_thumb

I love it it looks great

Posted by Fresh Prince on February 19, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Triple_thumb

i think it is either godrics hollow or possibly the Tonks residence

Posted by HudMug1712 on February 19, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I agree with Graymayne. My impression from the book is that Spinner’s End is on the “wrong side” of the tracks. Godric’s Hollow seems more likely to me too. One thing is certain – it’s not the burrow! LOL.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 19, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

yes! we are that much closer to getting the movie! I agree that its probably Godric’s Hollow.

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 19, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I’m betting it’s Godrics Hollow. The houses have that old village like look.

Posted by The Niffler [WBM!] on February 19, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator

"You ask for forgiveness? I do not forgive. I do not forget."