Hagrid's Hut at Harry Potter Theme Park to be "Unoccupied Prop Structure"

Fans
February 16, 2009, 07:49 AM

As we have been reporting, construction is continuing on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Today, the Orlando Sentinel has a short update on the progress, confirming Hagrid's Hut is currently being built, with the paper citing building permits as the source. The article states:

The setting, according to the permits, is being built for Universal by the Nassal Co. of Orlando, which specializes in themed construction projects.

While the permits offer few details, it appears Hagrid's Hut will be mostly for display purposes. The documents suggest the interior of the building will be used for prop storage.

"Hagrid's Hut is an unoccupied themed prop structure," according to one permit description.

You can see recent construction photos of the hut here, and here in our image galleries.

To follow what TLC first reported last year, Screamscape is also reporting that "As far as the “world” itself, I’ve been told that they are planning lots of street atmosphere entertainment, such as building in a system of special effects to allow for ‘wizard duels’ to take place in the streets. Universal is also working with their chefs to come up with lots of new and unique foot items inspired from the books, which will apparently include “butterbeer”. According to a report from someone who claims to have actually tasted a test version of it, the final version may taste a little bit like root beer."  The Screamscape article also has more on the supposed closing of the Dueling Dragons, as they note: "We’ve heard an early rumor claiming that Dueling Dragons will close entirely for it’s final transformation to become part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sometime between September and December 2009."

Finally, a last tidbit on the giant Hogwarts Castle, as the Sceamscape author writes: While I know everyone is dying to know more about the major ride inside Hogwarts (which will include an extensively themed and long indoor queue like Spiderman and Dueling Dragons), I’ve been told that Universal is planning on holding back on that information until late 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Ravenclawd_thumb

I can’t wait to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sounds awesome already!!!!!

Posted by KatieK on February 17, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator

I want to go to the theme park now!

Posted by badger666 on February 17, 2009, 02:02 AM report to moderator
Janeaustenfont_thumb

Wow!! I can’t wait for the theme park to open…hopefully I’ll be able to come!!
And I’m glad they’re keeping Hagrid’s Hut in the park, even if it is just for storage. I mean, a display would’ve been cool, but this is better than no hut at all.

Posted by Prenz13 on February 17, 2009, 02:49 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Wow! I can’t wait for the opening! It sounds amazing!!!! :)

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on February 17, 2009, 04:09 AM report to moderator
Crim0304_thumb

i like the sound of wizard duels :D

Posted by Sally_Zaar on February 17, 2009, 04:37 AM report to moderator
H_d_kiss_vs_1_thumb

Wow, we (I mean the TTWs) really need to go to this in 2010

Posted by FancyPants [TTWs] on February 17, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Great catch, greatpetie83! LOL. Well my comment is this….I CAN’T WAIT! I would imagine, also, that there will be other places that will be “back stage” areas, as well. Disneyland has such places, but you’d never know it! I hope they don’t make Diagon Alley’s streets quite as narrow, as they appear, in the movies. I imagine they won’t. This gets more and more exciting, as the months tick by!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 17, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator

im still gutted the opening is 2010, I was hoping it would have opened for the original date Oct 2009 as Im going then! The rides have got to include some quidditch or broomstick flying ride but its Honeydukes that i,d love all those yummy sweets they cud invent… I’m just going to have to save to go back…

Posted by angie weasley on February 17, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator

Words can’t explain how excited I am for this theme park!! I started to dance half way through reading this xD I’m just so…. SQUUEEEE!

Posted by Sophie on February 17, 2009, 09:54 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I too am really excited for the opening of the park, I am sad it is opening in 2010 instead of 2009, but it will give me more time to save up to go.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 17, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Aww… I wish they made it more than a prop then we can have tea with Hagrid and Fang. :(

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 17, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

“under his beard”? That’s the only picture I found…

But cool, Hagrid’s Hut! I hope I get to go to the park!

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 17, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Aw. I would have liked to go into Hagrid’s Hut, but I’m sure the park will be great anyway!

Posted by The Niffler [WBM!] on February 17, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

cool.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 17, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Maybe they’ll eventually turn the hut into a ride or attraction eventually.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 17, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Harry Potter set Dobby free!"[br]"Least I could do, Dobby," said Harry, grinning. "Just promise never to try and save my life again."[br]The elf's ugly brown face split suddenly into a wide, toothy smile.