Hagrid's Hut at Harry Potter Theme Park to be "Unoccupied Prop Structure"

Fans
February 16, 2009, 07:49 AM

As we have been reporting, construction is continuing on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Today, the Orlando Sentinel has a short update on the progress, confirming Hagrid's Hut is currently being built, with the paper citing building permits as the source. The article states:

The setting, according to the permits, is being built for Universal by the Nassal Co. of Orlando, which specializes in themed construction projects.

While the permits offer few details, it appears Hagrid's Hut will be mostly for display purposes. The documents suggest the interior of the building will be used for prop storage.

"Hagrid's Hut is an unoccupied themed prop structure," according to one permit description.

You can see recent construction photos of the hut here, and here in our image galleries.

To follow what TLC first reported last year, Screamscape is also reporting that "As far as the “world” itself, I’ve been told that they are planning lots of street atmosphere entertainment, such as building in a system of special effects to allow for ‘wizard duels’ to take place in the streets. Universal is also working with their chefs to come up with lots of new and unique foot items inspired from the books, which will apparently include “butterbeer”. According to a report from someone who claims to have actually tasted a test version of it, the final version may taste a little bit like root beer."  The Screamscape article also has more on the supposed closing of the Dueling Dragons, as they note: "We’ve heard an early rumor claiming that Dueling Dragons will close entirely for it’s final transformation to become part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sometime between September and December 2009."

Finally, a last tidbit on the giant Hogwarts Castle, as the Sceamscape author writes: While I know everyone is dying to know more about the major ride inside Hogwarts (which will include an extensively themed and long indoor queue like Spiderman and Dueling Dragons), I’ve been told that Universal is planning on holding back on that information until late 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Dhc-avatar_thumb

Wow, this is almost as exciting as the first photos of Hagrid’s hut for filming! I am excited, though. Only a year-ish to go! Squee!

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 16, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I’m in Orlando every Thanksgiving – too bad it won’t be open this year.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 16, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Old_school_025__2__thumb

Oh man! I was so looking forward to the butter beer but I hate root beer!

Posted by Lis Lovegood on February 16, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Yeah there’s a typo- I’m so excited to taste the “foot” items! :D I really am excited about this park tho!!!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on February 16, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

Ooh, I’d love some foot items! :P

Posted by Aga Veneficus on February 16, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Alt_voldie_thumb

I would have liked to go into Hagrid’s hut to see Fang.

Posted by Sir Nicholas, OoM2, CW on February 16, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator

I’m SOOO excited. I can’t wait to wait in line in Hogwarts!!! I’ve never been excited to wait for a ride before. I’m really bummed about Hagrids hut though.. I agree with Emily about wanting to peek in and see him doing something funny.

Posted by jenbabe705 on February 16, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

YAY Hagrids Hut.

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 16, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Weasley_clue_thumb

It is a shame that we will not be able to go inside the hut. It would have been great to see everything “Hagrid size”

Posted by camsammom1 on February 16, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

street duels!?!? amagashhhh….btw they better not cop out of the butter beer and give us root beer..

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on February 16, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Th_bella004_thumb

florida here i come!

Posted by theonlysong on February 16, 2009, 10:57 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, So, SO ,SO ,SO ,SO, SOSOSOSOSOSOSO excited for this to open! Gah! Can’t wait!!!!

Posted by Felipe on February 16, 2009, 11:00 PM report to moderator
Have_you_seen_this_man_2_thumb

oh sooo excited!

Posted by clashcityrocker13 on February 16, 2009, 11:35 PM report to moderator
38169_676962834274_38307955_37739912_3182281_n_thumb

This park is going to be AMAZING! I’ve actually been to Islands of Adventure quite often and the park is absolutely superb. The rides are top-notch, the food is great, and the overall atmosphere is incredibly immersing. You guys will not be disappointed!

Posted by jfrancis04 on February 16, 2009, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I seriously can’t wait for this place to open already! I’ll have to start saving up for my Florida trip early

Posted by Sarabi on February 17, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator

"Let me through, please," came Percy's voice, and he came bustling importantly through the crowd. "What's the holdup here? You can't all have forgotten the password -- excuse me, I'm Head Boy --"