Hagrid's Hut at Harry Potter Theme Park to be "Unoccupied Prop Structure"

Fans
February 16, 2009, 07:49 AM

As we have been reporting, construction is continuing on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Today, the Orlando Sentinel has a short update on the progress, confirming Hagrid's Hut is currently being built, with the paper citing building permits as the source. The article states:

The setting, according to the permits, is being built for Universal by the Nassal Co. of Orlando, which specializes in themed construction projects.

While the permits offer few details, it appears Hagrid's Hut will be mostly for display purposes. The documents suggest the interior of the building will be used for prop storage.

"Hagrid's Hut is an unoccupied themed prop structure," according to one permit description.

You can see recent construction photos of the hut here, and here in our image galleries.

To follow what TLC first reported last year, Screamscape is also reporting that "As far as the “world” itself, I’ve been told that they are planning lots of street atmosphere entertainment, such as building in a system of special effects to allow for ‘wizard duels’ to take place in the streets. Universal is also working with their chefs to come up with lots of new and unique foot items inspired from the books, which will apparently include “butterbeer”. According to a report from someone who claims to have actually tasted a test version of it, the final version may taste a little bit like root beer."  The Screamscape article also has more on the supposed closing of the Dueling Dragons, as they note: "We’ve heard an early rumor claiming that Dueling Dragons will close entirely for it’s final transformation to become part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sometime between September and December 2009."

Finally, a last tidbit on the giant Hogwarts Castle, as the Sceamscape author writes: While I know everyone is dying to know more about the major ride inside Hogwarts (which will include an extensively themed and long indoor queue like Spiderman and Dueling Dragons), I’ve been told that Universal is planning on holding back on that information until late 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

9-2007_003_thumb

I was really hoping to see the inside of the hut. They could have put so much detail into it if they had wanted to but then I suppose they would only have been aloud to let in a few people at a time and the line to get in would be to long.

Posted by cantspellathing on February 16, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator

That’s a bummer but oh well.

Posted by Will Weasley on February 16, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I can’t wait ’til this opens! 2010 is going to be awesome: the theme park and DH part 1!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on February 16, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator

Is there a practial reason why hagrid’s hut is always the first thing to be built? I just thought it was a movie thing.

Posted by coweatyou on February 16, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Img_0305_thumb

I love how even for the theme park, one of the first things we hear about is Hagrid’s Hut. Just like the movies!

Posted by IWannaBeAWeasley on February 16, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_thumb

It’s a shame we won’t be able to see the interior of Hagrid’s Hut, but the part about Wizard Duels in the streets sounds really exciting!

Posted by Tyman28962 on February 16, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

squee!! butterbeer! i totally have to get there. in 2010. i’m so excited! that’ll be amazing. Just think of all Potter fans there to meet and Hogwarts rides and Hogwarts-like food. yay!! and the cool thing is it’ll be around forever, it won’t just be like a premire or something. squee squee squee!

Posted by kayzz on February 16, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

that kinda sux u can’t go in

Posted by Chad on February 16, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I can’t wait to taste the butterbeer. I wish they could have done more with Hagrids Hut.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 16, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Snape2

I suppose we’re lucky it won’t taste like feet, as it’s supposed to be one of the new foot products. L

Posted by Badallona on February 16, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Mudblood8sunlitdays_thumb

This is going to amazing! I’m glad that they are back on track and have a time line for the construction! I can’t wait to be there opening day!

Posted by lyra0126 ~ROAR~ on February 16, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I always imagined butterbeer chocolate-y, not root beer! But oh well.

Oh, and that’s sad how Hagrid’s Hut will just be on display :( I would like to go in it, but again, oh well.

I’m really excited about the duels. Man, that sounds SO cool! I can’t wait to go! And oh my, HOGWARTS. How awesome that would be. I’ll cry :)

Posted by Christine on February 16, 2009, 04:29 PM report to moderator

I cannot wait. I am soo saving up for this trip.

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 16, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator

I’m really excited for the park to open because I want to see all the sets. PS…I a little new (aka, i joined a while ago, but haven’t been on in ages) and whats up with the points??

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on February 16, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see Hagrid’s Hut!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on February 16, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator

"You believe all the rubbish [Harry's] come out with about You-Know-Who, do you, you reckon he's telling the truth?"[br]"Yeah, I do!" said Ron angrily.[br]"Then you're mad too," said Seamus in disgust.[br]"Yeah? Well unfortunately for you, pal, I'm also a