Hagrid's Hut at Harry Potter Theme Park to be "Unoccupied Prop Structure"

Fans
February 16, 2009, 07:49 AM

As we have been reporting, construction is continuing on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Today, the Orlando Sentinel has a short update on the progress, confirming Hagrid's Hut is currently being built, with the paper citing building permits as the source. The article states:

The setting, according to the permits, is being built for Universal by the Nassal Co. of Orlando, which specializes in themed construction projects.

While the permits offer few details, it appears Hagrid's Hut will be mostly for display purposes. The documents suggest the interior of the building will be used for prop storage.

"Hagrid's Hut is an unoccupied themed prop structure," according to one permit description.

You can see recent construction photos of the hut here, and here in our image galleries.

To follow what TLC first reported last year, Screamscape is also reporting that "As far as the “world” itself, I’ve been told that they are planning lots of street atmosphere entertainment, such as building in a system of special effects to allow for ‘wizard duels’ to take place in the streets. Universal is also working with their chefs to come up with lots of new and unique foot items inspired from the books, which will apparently include “butterbeer”. According to a report from someone who claims to have actually tasted a test version of it, the final version may taste a little bit like root beer."  The Screamscape article also has more on the supposed closing of the Dueling Dragons, as they note: "We’ve heard an early rumor claiming that Dueling Dragons will close entirely for it’s final transformation to become part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sometime between September and December 2009."

Finally, a last tidbit on the giant Hogwarts Castle, as the Sceamscape author writes: While I know everyone is dying to know more about the major ride inside Hogwarts (which will include an extensively themed and long indoor queue like Spiderman and Dueling Dragons), I’ve been told that Universal is planning on holding back on that information until late 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Photo_41_thumb

So excited. Not surprised about Hagrid’s hut, but I hope there’s a hippogriff outside of it that I can pose with. Can’t wait to go! My best friend just moved back down to Orlando and already expects me on his couch for the opening. AND my nephews live down there. It will so great to experience it with an adult HP fan, then with children who are HP fans. Squeee!

Posted by A*ROAR*a Borealis on February 16, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Pity it’s just for show! Then again, it could be a bit of a crush if too many people are trying to get into Hagrid’s Hut!! Theme park sounds great though!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 16, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I wish that we had been able to enter the hut! :( But I am sure that it will still look cool!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 16, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Knitsquare_thumb

That’s interesting news about the butterbeer – somehow, I’ve always imagined it tasting butterscotch-y, and being warm, if not hot.

Posted by PurlgurlPotter [*SQUEE!*] on February 16, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
366727952_1264127922_0_thumb

I need to start saving so I can get here when it opens.

Posted by heatherx123 on February 16, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

I have to figure out a way to get to the park and spend hours!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on February 16, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

This park is going to be so cool. I wish we could go inside Hagrid’s Hut though. And I really want to try butterbeer.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 16, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Is it 2010 yet?

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on February 16, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

uh i can not wait to go to this! im gunna try to convience my parents to go on a vacation ha!

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on February 16, 2009, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I cant wait for this either. Going to have to get to america somehow =[ need more money!! I’ll find a way in hagrids hut… Just you wait =P

Posted by Felix Felicis on February 16, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
N1314356338_7633_thumb
20582 Points

omg!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!! im saving already!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ٭Ĥ☻ğđ☻ъъÿ٭ Ř☻äř٭ on February 16, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator

Omg i remember wen i went to universal Right wen they started working on it i aproached one of the employees& asked them about it they were misinformed and told me they ran into a problem and construction would not begin for 3 more years!!! I flippppped lol!!!

Posted by KaraDawlish on February 16, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
4267095729a8640148318l_thumb

So, no Hot tub then? :(

Posted by HermioneMoreThanJustBrains~ROAR~ on February 16, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I am sure they will have so many cool things!!! I am excited to go! It will probably be more like 2011 for me, but can’t wait! Too bad Butterbeer will taste like rootbeer cause I don’t like root beer, but I will probably try it any way, my husband likes rootbeer.

Posted by carebie on February 16, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Pre_spookyhalloween_thumb

i can’t wait to see all of it!! and duels in the streets—AWESOME!!!!

Posted by hermy65 on February 16, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator

...she looked directly at Harry and Ron and said grimly, "I've become accustomed to seeing the Quidditch Cup in my study, boys, and I don't really want to have to hand it over to Professor Snape, so use the extra time to practice, won't you?"