Hagrid's Hut at Harry Potter Theme Park to be "Unoccupied Prop Structure"

Fans
February 16, 2009, 07:49 AM

As we have been reporting, construction is continuing on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Today, the Orlando Sentinel has a short update on the progress, confirming Hagrid's Hut is currently being built, with the paper citing building permits as the source. The article states:

The setting, according to the permits, is being built for Universal by the Nassal Co. of Orlando, which specializes in themed construction projects.

While the permits offer few details, it appears Hagrid's Hut will be mostly for display purposes. The documents suggest the interior of the building will be used for prop storage.

"Hagrid's Hut is an unoccupied themed prop structure," according to one permit description.

You can see recent construction photos of the hut here, and here in our image galleries.

To follow what TLC first reported last year, Screamscape is also reporting that "As far as the “world” itself, I’ve been told that they are planning lots of street atmosphere entertainment, such as building in a system of special effects to allow for ‘wizard duels’ to take place in the streets. Universal is also working with their chefs to come up with lots of new and unique foot items inspired from the books, which will apparently include “butterbeer”. According to a report from someone who claims to have actually tasted a test version of it, the final version may taste a little bit like root beer."  The Screamscape article also has more on the supposed closing of the Dueling Dragons, as they note: "We’ve heard an early rumor claiming that Dueling Dragons will close entirely for it’s final transformation to become part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sometime between September and December 2009."

Finally, a last tidbit on the giant Hogwarts Castle, as the Sceamscape author writes: While I know everyone is dying to know more about the major ride inside Hogwarts (which will include an extensively themed and long indoor queue like Spiderman and Dueling Dragons), I’ve been told that Universal is planning on holding back on that information until late 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Young_riddle2_thumb

yay first comment. i can’t wait to go to the theme park. i hope they include some cool technology in the hut, even if it is for prop storage. its going to be sooo cool. see you all at infiniuts 2010 :D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on February 16, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
New_twitpic_thumb

I somehow need to get enough money to get to America for the opening of this theme park. Especially now it has Hagrid’s Hut. The thing we always hear about first :P

Posted by forthejokes on February 16, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Sparkler_thumb

Ooh, what will they keep in Hagrid’s Hut? For the shows, do you think?

Posted by Prof_Tofty on February 16, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

Thats too bad! I guess it would have been a bit small for people to just go inside though. Oh well… we cant have everything!

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 16, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Meeeee__2_thumb

While I was hoping for an inside of teh hut, i guess it is too small. I’m just happy they are keeping it!

Posted by ravenclaw1028 (wyfaced) on February 16, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Meeeee__2_thumb

Zommbieshiit2_thumb

it would have been nice to be able to peek in the windows and see hagrid sat by the fire with fang at his feet.. or maybe norbert hatching or something.. but never mind!
I’m sure there’ll be enough other fun things to keep us occupied!
x

Posted by Emily McKenzie [FTC] on February 16, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Th_th03_1__thumb

This makes me so excited! I can’t waite till the theme park! :)

Posted by ღ Courtney {R0aR} ღ on February 16, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

The special effects and wizard duels sound awesome!! I’m sad about Hagrid’s hut, though, I would have loved to go in and visit him. And I really hope they change the butterbeer…I hate root beer. :(

Posted by RavenclawDancer on February 16, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

The park sounds like it’s going to be fantastic but I really did want to go inside the hut. It would have been so cool with the oversized decor. Ah well. It’ll still be great, I’m sure.

Posted by DeliaDee on February 16, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I’m so excited for the theme park!! Every new bit of news makes me want to go even more __

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on February 16, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator
Boston_20day_203_20070_thumb

Wizard Duels!!!

Posted by Bre S. on February 16, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

ick i hope that report on the root beer is wrong. yuck i dont like root beer at all. i was hoping something along the lines of carmely or honey hot chocolate. cuz butterbeer is supposed to warm you up, but root beer is cold. ah well we’ll find out soon enought

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on February 16, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Ball_pic_thumb

I am going to love the Harry Potter theme park. I saving for it know, I’ll propably be a student by the time I get to go, but I can’t wait.

Posted by Hopelaa93 on February 16, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator

foot items :D, I think you mean food items in the 6th paragraph?

Posted by greatpetie83 on February 16, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator

"Aaah... pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost... but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know... I, who have gone further than anybody