"Defiance" DoP Eduardo Serra to Shoot "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"

Movies
February 14, 2009, 11:42 AM

Cinematographer Eduardo Serra will serve as Director of Photography on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as announced by film lighting company Panalux. Update: You can see the Panalux announcement here in our image galleries. Mr. Serra recently shot the acclaimed films "Defiance" with Daniel Craig and Jamie Bell, "Blood Diamond" with Leonardo DiCaprio, and was nominated for an Oscar Award for his cinematography on the film "Girl with a Pearl Earring." Please note: While this does seem official, we are trying to obtain confirmation from Warner Brothers, and will update with that when we can.

Principal photography is set to begin next week on the two part production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in London, England.

Thanks much Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Excuse me for being “out of the loop”, but WHO??? I, like many others here, have never seen any of this work…but he sounds like he’s a good choice! We’ll see…

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 14, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

I have to check out his work.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 14, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

wow that sounds great

Posted by NoeLover42 on February 15, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

I have seen some of his work and he is good , i think this is a positive sign for DH

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on February 15, 2009, 01:35 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

…Interesting! :)

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on February 15, 2009, 02:33 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

This sounds promising :D

Posted by Sarabi on February 15, 2009, 03:25 AM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

I dont know what that means… but yay!! haha

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on February 15, 2009, 05:19 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

I still want Peter Jackson to direct, the guy who made Lord of the rings. if he did, the battle of hogwarts would be WIcKED

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on February 15, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Tova_mini_thumb

I enjoyed Blood Diamonds a lot, but thought Defiance was just okay. Well I hope he does a good job.

Posted by rtpuppydog on February 15, 2009, 09:54 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Well this seems like a great choice. I hope we get to hear more casting announcements soon as well.

Oh, am I the only one who wants John Williams back? For a long time, I couldn’t figure out why I didn’t enjoy the 5th film as much as I should have, and I decided that the score was what really bothered me. Hopefully it’s better in HBP, but I really want John Williams back.

Posted by mollywobble on February 15, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliffe-06_thumb

This is good news. Appropriate cinematography could make or break the films. Blood Diamond was incredibly shot, that was the only one of the lot I’ve seen.

Posted by Jenlynn709 on February 15, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Emma1232_thumb

if it’s true is will be awesome, The Girl with the Pearl Earing was a beautiful movie! :-)

Posted by Emma Lily [Kiwi] *WBM* on February 15, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Sounds like a good CV & DH deserves the best!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 15, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

he’s an artist

Posted by placebowiz on February 15, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

His work on Girl with a Pearl Earing is simply beautiful. Just beautiful and breath taking. Although that was to recreate some of the original artwork. But if anything that film has gorgeous cinematography and seriously I’m over the moon that this guy is DoPing DH

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 15, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator

"Well, everyone had a good day? What did you all get for Christmas? Oh, [i]Harry[/i] -- this is absolutely [i]wonderful[/i] --"[br]For he had just opened Harry's gift of fuse-wire and screwdrivers.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014