Scholastic to Release New Box Set of Harry Potter Paperbacks

Books
February 13, 2009, 09:07 AM

Scholastic, the US publishers of the Harry Potter novels, will be releasing a new box set of the series this summer. This new collection, which you can see here in our galleries, is available for pre-order via Barnes and Noble, as well as Walmart.  Included in the collection are the set of US paperback editions of books one through seven, with the box to feature the Deluxe cover from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

As a reminder, the paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling will be released July 7,  and is available for pre-order via our Cauldron shop.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Hat_thumb

That box looks wonderful! I can’t wait to get mine! :)

Posted by gryffindorgal87 ~*RoAr!*~ on February 13, 2009, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Wow!! That look gorgeous! I don’t have any of the US paperbacks, so I might just have to inverset in that box set!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on February 13, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

It’s so pretty! I think I may order it – depending on the price.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 13, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hufflepuff067_thumb

Eee! This is so cool! I’d order it if the Canadian dollar wasn’t so low… and would probably end up costing me closer to $80… I’d rather keep my Beedle <3

Posted by SylvieTheHufflepuff on February 13, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Are the actual covers of the books different? The spines look special from what the picture shows. I’d have to see more photos before making up my mind on this one.

Posted by wizardinventor on February 13, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

I probably won’t buy or order it, since I already have two of each paperback, except DH, of course.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 13, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

Oh, and the covers are the same except the spine and back. The spines and backs are a solid color, I know because I saw these newer versions of the paperbacks at my local Borders.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 13, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator

I will have to pass. Two months ago I ordered the UK paperback children’s box set from Amazon UK. Cost US$73 and arrived 10 days later. Been VERY happy with it. Sorry, Scholastic, you are just too late…

Posted by Beowulf on February 13, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Looks good – nice gift for anyone who doesn’t have the US editions.

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 13, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I’ve already got the deluxe DH with the dragon cover, and I’m not sure the boxed paperback set will have anything more than I’ve already got on my shelf. But I’m glad to hear the paperback DH is finally being released! That one I’ll be glad to add so I’ve got the complete pb collection.

Posted by Agrippa1 on February 13, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

What a fantastic set! Unfortunately, I don’t need to buy it…but I know I certainly want to.

Posted by Kirk on February 13, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator

I really wish Scholastic had gone the way of Bloomsbury and given us adult-looking covers too. I’m just not a fan of the childish-looking covers.

Posted by halcyon /roar/ on February 13, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Colorme_thumb

Ooh I really want this! I have them all in hardback already and I love the box!

Posted by MelissaRochelle on February 13, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

That’s great ! It looks amazing, I wish I could get it, but I already have the hard covers, so …

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 13, 2009, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I’m afraid that I don’t want the paper back set. I have to have the hard cover so the printing is larger. I will however buy the first 3 books in hardback. I started reading the Harry Potter Books in paperback but by the 4th book, got it and all the rest in Hardback. If I had know how I would love them, I would have invested in the hardbacks at that time. Who Knew????Lol

Posted by Cool G on February 13, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator

"Anything good in there?" asked Ron as Harry closed the magazine.[br]"Of course not," said Hermione scathingly... [i]"The Quibbler's[/i] rubbish, everyone knows that."[br]"Excuse me," said Luna; her voice had suddenly lost its dreamy quality. "My father's