Character of Reg Cattermole Cast for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
February 13, 2009, 08:28 AM

With filming set to begin in the next several days on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there is news today on a minor character casting for the final Harry Potter film. The Chester Chronicle reports that the role of Reg Cattermole will be played by actor Steffan Rhodri. As fans will recall, Reg is the Ministry worker Ron, Harry and Hermione encounter at the Ministry of Magic. On his filming schedule for the movie, Steffan Rhodri noted  “I’ll be filming in London during the autumn,” he said. “I’m really looking forward to it, it’s the biggest film I’ve been involved with.”  You can see a photo of the actor here.

Formal production on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will begin this month, with part one due for release in theaters November, 2010, and part May, 2011.
Thanks to everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

So cool!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 13, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Ball_pic_thumb

I can’t wait for the next three Harry Potter films. I saw a picture of the actor and he actually looks something like I imagined.

Posted by Hopelaa93 on February 13, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

Sweet this is really close to the way i imagined him and im so frekin happy they have him in the movie it makes me happy that its still in!:)

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on February 13, 2009, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on February 13, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yes! I love hearing about casting news! So exciting!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 13, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I’m really happy that they have such a minor character in the movie! Once again, splitting the movie into two parts was such a good idea. It allows them to put in so much that they couldn’t otherwise.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 13, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator
5252_132371244358_752189358_3172991_1166454_n_thumb

YAY Im sooo excited to see that casting is beginning!! I cant wait to see more!

Posted by Dragongamer187 [FTC!] on February 13, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Looks cool, I can’t wait to see who is cast for Runcorn though!

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on February 13, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

He’s younger than I pictured him in my mind, but I can see it. He reminds me a bit of Rupert, so perhaps they were trying for that when they cast him. You know, so we don’t forget it’s Ron under the polyjuice potion.

Posted by Ilzairspar on February 13, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Great to hear they will be including the character in the movie.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on February 13, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

I’m quite pleased with his appearance!

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on February 13, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator

LargeBlondDeathEater, we don’t care if there’s an unknown actor in the part. You say, “imagine them (unknown actors) being onscreen for 10 minutes minimum and the audience being bewildered as to who they are.” We know who they are. They are the characters they are playing. That’s all that matters.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on February 13, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

he’s wonderful. look at his eyes.

Posted by Courtney Quirke on February 13, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator

yay! I am so glad they are not cutting this scene!!

Posted by lunaluu on February 13, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Angel_reader_chagall_thumb

The actor looks fine to be. Cattermole is described in the book as being “small” and “ferrety-looking,” but for some unfathomable reason I keep picturing him as the lizard with the ladder from Disney’s Alice in Wonderland. Poor Reg Cattermole! All he wanted to do was go to work that day and support his wife!

And yes, along with everyone else, I wonder how they’re going to handle the extended polyjuice scenes.

Posted by Arithmancer on February 13, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows."