Character of Reg Cattermole Cast for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
February 13, 2009, 08:28 AM

With filming set to begin in the next several days on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there is news today on a minor character casting for the final Harry Potter film. The Chester Chronicle reports that the role of Reg Cattermole will be played by actor Steffan Rhodri. As fans will recall, Reg is the Ministry worker Ron, Harry and Hermione encounter at the Ministry of Magic. On his filming schedule for the movie, Steffan Rhodri noted  “I’ll be filming in London during the autumn,” he said. “I’m really looking forward to it, it’s the biggest film I’ve been involved with.”  You can see a photo of the actor here.

Formal production on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will begin this month, with part one due for release in theaters November, 2010, and part May, 2011.
Thanks to everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Img000029_thumb

I’m so glad he’s in the film, but he’s definitely not how I thought he looked….

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on February 13, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator

Guess what, they’re not required to consult any of us on casting issues. Just be glad of some casting news for DH. I’d have thought we’d have a lot more by now.

Posted by on February 13, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Leia2_thumb

I’m so happy he’s in the movie! That part of the book is one of my favorites. Yay!

Posted by Amonara on February 13, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I certainly cannot wait to see his performance of this role! Best of wishes to him.

Posted by Kirk on February 13, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

That’s interesting, I had my doubts that they would do the Ministry scene at all, not wanting the trio to be off camera for so long, but it gives me hope that they really are going to put everything in there!!!!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on February 13, 2009, 11:35 AM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

There goes my hope for Collin Firth! Oh well! Can’t have everything.

Posted by carebie on February 13, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

thats awesome. I can’t wait for that movie

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 13, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

Wow, it would seem that they are taking quite a risk in relying on other actors to maintain the mannerisms of the trio, instead of simply using makeup or CGI to change their appearance or by changing the script entirely by having them under the Invisibility Cloak, granted they would not all fit.

Having said that, I am pleased that they are keeping to the book on this one, I just hope that these new actors do the roles justice…

Posted by DylanAqua on February 13, 2009, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

Oh, I’m so glad they cast him ! He doesn’t look exactly like Iimagined it, but that doesn’t matter, really, as long a he isn’t too tall..

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 13, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

It will be interesting to see how they are going to have Ron look like him or will he be playing Ron during the Polyjuice epsoides? Either way it’s good to know that the ministry scenes will be in the movie. I guess WB can’t use the excuse of time constraints for eliminating important scenes this time. Lol

Posted by Cool G on February 13, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator

I guess we can see that they are going to keep all the Polyjuice moments in. Wow, that’s going to get confusing as they get further along in the story, especially with how much Harry and Hermione change.

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 13, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Yay for casting news! It’s so exciting! It makes the last movies feel real all of the sudden. They’re actually making them! And it’s great to know that they are taking care of characters like these! The ministry scene is going to be interesting! :)

Posted by eiVega on February 13, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I imagine when no other character is speaking directly to Harry, Ron and Hermione we’ll see them as Dan, Rupert and Emma. Does that make sense? Like it’ll be Emma sitting beside Umbridge but when she turns to talk to her we’ll see Hopkirk. Get what I mean? Its the way I would do it and wow the casting news begins, its really happening, not how I imagined him though

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 13, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Just seen the Abigail’s party pictures and I change my mind he’d look great as Reg

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 13, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Yeh! this makes it even harder to wait for the movie to come out! it also shows how much of DH they ARE putting in the movies!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 13, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator

To the class's horror, Hagrid proceeded to explain that the reason the skrewts had been killing one another was an excess of pent-up energy, and that the solution would be for each student to fix a leash on a skrewt and take it for a short walk.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014