Handprints of JK Rowling Now On Display in Edinburgh, Scotland

J.K. Rowling
February 12, 2009, 08:36 AM

Last year we told you author J.K. Rowling was to be honored by the city of Edinburgh, Scotland. The event took place in September, where Jo received the Edinburgh Award. In commemoration of this event, hand prints of the Harry Potter author have now been made, and are on display for the public. STV reports her "her engraved handprints in Caithness stone are in the grounds of Edinburgh's City Chambers, alongside those of fellow Edinburgh author Ian Rankin." Update: You can see a photo of Jo making her hand prints courtesy of Edinburghguide.com here in our galleries.
J.K. Rowling said:

"I was delighted to receive the Edinburgh Award, as this city and its wonderful inhabitants have meant so much to me for the last 15 years.

"I think it is particularly appropriate for a writer's hands to be represented, so I am deeply honoured to have my keyboard-chipped fingernails, not to mention my pen-induced friction callous, commemorated in the place where I produced Harry Potter."

George Grubb, Lord Provost of Edinburgh, said: "With the installation of the beautifully crafted stone bearing Ms Rowling's handprints, the City Chambers quadrangle is fast becoming a lasting visual testimony to some of Edinburgh's greatest living citizens.

"Our city is home to a huge wealth of talented individuals who truly put Edinburgh on a global stage through their achievements."

Thanks much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Fish_02_thumb

Yay for Jo! I can’t wait for the pictures.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 13, 2009, 02:27 AM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

Congrats Jo! What an Honor:)

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 13, 2009, 08:26 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG!! How eciting! I cant wati to see the pics!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 13, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Congrats Jo!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 13, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Cool!

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 14, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Hand Prints Rock!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 14, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Congrats she deserves it!

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 14, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Bob_thumb

congrats jo

Posted by icestar on February 15, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Harrylisa_thumb

I REALLY need to visit Scotland now. :D

Posted by weasley1497 ღROARღ on February 15, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator

Jo is wonderful and she deserves this. I cant wait to see the pictures.

Posted by AlexaP*ROAR* on February 15, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

JKR certainly deserves all the accolades she is given.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 24, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator

"You should've got more points on the second task," said Cedric mulishly. "You stayed behind to get all the hostages. I should've done that."[br]"I was the only one who was thick enough to take that song seriously!" said Harry bitterly. "Just take the cup

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014