Weasley Twins Not Included in "Half-Blood Prince" Video Game

Video Games
February 11, 2009, 08:44 AM

The characters of Fred and George Weasley are apparently not included in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game. In a new interview, actors James and Oliver Phelps say they were not asked to record their voices as the characters they portray in the Harry Potter films are not included in the new game from EA. Quotage:

James: Our characters aren't in the game really as much because they're not at school and that's primarily where all the game is based. So unfortunately we weren't asked this one. But as we said earlier, it was cool that EA still said come and see how it's coming along and what you think. And they showed us how even the characters have got individual hair, the detail is amazing in it.
Oliver: And in the house it showed like different levels in the water, and how, progressing throughout the day and night, how the light changes on the water. Details like this - one or two guys, that's their job to make sure that that's perfect. You take that for granted when you're playing the game, but when you go around seeing all the individual jobs you really appreciate it.

You can read the entire interview with the Phelps here courtesy of Snitchseeker.

Thanks Emma!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

aww too bad coz I know they 2 love the games. AT least they could test in front of public and still look around. That was nice of EA.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 11, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Too bad they couldn’t include a part where you visit WWW. Fred and George are such great parts of the books, movie, and games.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 11, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator

I don’t care if they’re in the game. They’re in the movie, that’s what counts.

Posted by halcyon /roar/ on February 11, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

Frown… that makes me sad

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on February 11, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

:( That’s pretty lame they’re not gonna be in it. Especially as they still got Colin Creevey in the 5th game though he hadn’t been seen in the movies since CoS. But ah well I still can’t wait until I can play it!!

Posted by MuggleQueen on February 11, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

Oh but I love the twins! I wish they would do WWW. :(

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on February 11, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Half_blood_prince_thumb

what the freeaking heck that’s uncalled 4!!!!!!!

Posted by Andonut (Greek Ninja) [FTC!] (SHEIKRA) on February 11, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator

I don’t play video games, but that’s too bad. It is understandable, though. Too bad they won’t include WWW, though.

Posted by badger666 on February 11, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

aw

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 11, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is a pity that the Weasley twins were not incorporated into the game; who doesn’t love them?

Posted by Kirk on February 11, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator

Too bad about no twins. I am still really excited to play the game. I can’t wait.

Posted by Jennibelle on February 11, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator

that’s too bad </3

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on February 11, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Booo! I love the twins.

Posted by jenbabe705 on February 11, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-08-14_at_00
1941 Points

Aww, no Gred and Forge ):
It makes sense but i still wish they were in, even for a quick vist to WWW :D

Posted by Rhys on February 11, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Magicducks_thumb

Aw, no Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes? Oh, well. I just hope that it’s better than the OotP game. I was disappointed with that one. I still love the CoS game boy color game. That was such a well developed game, especially for its time. There was so much to do in it. I still play it.

Posted by MagicDucks [ROAR!] on February 11, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Harry, Cedric, I suggest you go up to bed," said Dumbledore, smiling at both of them. "I am sure Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are waiting to celebrate with you, and it would be a shame to deprive them of this excellent excuse to make a great deal of mess an