Oscar Telecast to Include Brief Clip of "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
February 11, 2009, 02:28 PM

The New York Times is reporting today that a brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be shown at the end of the Oscar telecast on February 22nd. This comes as producers of the Academy Awards program asked various studios to provide scenes and clips from upcoming movies for the Oscar show this year. Today, the Times says that Warner Bros will be showing footage from "Sherlock Holmes," directed by Guy Ritchie with Robert Downey Jr.; "Terminator Salvation," directed by McG with a temperamental Christian Bale; and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe."

At this point we do not know if the HBP footage will be from previously released trailers or this will be new footage, and we will update with more when we can. The Oscars will be broadcast on ABC television Feb 22, 2009  beginning at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Animelissa_thumb

I normally avoid watching the Oscars because . . . oh so boring. But with this HP clip, they are dragging me in. sneaky of them.

Posted by molasses on February 11, 2009, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Shocked___thumb

NOOOO!! I decided to not watch the Oscars this year!! I would have had I known this was going ot be on there!!

Posted by KHolyoak on February 11, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Iconator_77bb337efe9e8c2f9da191f0c527a9f4_thumb

I hopes it new, and not cut up- a real small scene
awsome!

Posted by Great Uncle Algie on February 11, 2009, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

hmmmm

Posted by calliet2b4g on February 12, 2009, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

tis cool but i can’t help but wonder if this a ploy to get viewer ship of the oscars to increase

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on February 12, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator

Ooooo so sotoked!!

Posted by MaidOfAwesome on February 12, 2009, 01:04 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

If it’s a ploy then it’s going to work. I watch the Oscars anyway but this time I’ll try not to nod off during the long boring speeches. Lol

Posted by Cool G on February 12, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Hugh001_thumb

Well, I was gonna watch anyway …. this just makes it even more exciting. :D

Posted by LizetM on February 12, 2009, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Picture_22_thumb

exciting! i sincerely hope it won’t just be clips of what we’ve already seen.

Posted by springtosprung on February 12, 2009, 02:02 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Brilliant! I hope more footage includes! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 12, 2009, 03:37 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Good marketing strategy, but choosing a suitable clip could give them a headache.

Posted by Graymayne on February 12, 2009, 04:04 AM report to moderator
Crim0304_thumb

can’t wait! Oscars and Potter = Happy Film Nerd :D

Posted by Sally_Zaar on February 12, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
N1439614491_169156_6488_thumb

That gives me a reason to actually watch the Oscars, or at least the end of them.

Posted by Melissa Anne on February 12, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Woooooooooop love the oscars :D Have to stay up late which is annoying though, but worth it !

Posted by spiritbound on February 12, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Knitsquare_thumb

I’m so excited for the Oscars – rooting for Slumdog Millionaire (although out of the top five, the only one I really didn’t care for was Benjamin Button), Kate Winslet, This Way Up in animated short, and I’m really looking forward to Hugh Jackman presenting.

Posted by PurlgurlPotter [*SQUEE!*] on February 12, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator

"Let me through, please," came Percy's voice, and he came bustling importantly through the crowd. "What's the holdup here? You can't all have forgotten the password -- excuse me, I'm Head Boy --"