Oscar Telecast to Include Brief Clip of "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
February 11, 2009, 02:28 PM

The New York Times is reporting today that a brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be shown at the end of the Oscar telecast on February 22nd. This comes as producers of the Academy Awards program asked various studios to provide scenes and clips from upcoming movies for the Oscar show this year. Today, the Times says that Warner Bros will be showing footage from "Sherlock Holmes," directed by Guy Ritchie with Robert Downey Jr.; "Terminator Salvation," directed by McG with a temperamental Christian Bale; and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe."

At this point we do not know if the HBP footage will be from previously released trailers or this will be new footage, and we will update with more when we can. The Oscars will be broadcast on ABC television Feb 22, 2009  beginning at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

yah! im so excited i can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 11, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

well I know what I’ll be doing on the 22nd.

Posted by phantomdave79 on February 11, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I hope that it is awesome new footage!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 11, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator

dagnabit….I won’t be home that night….oh well, that’s what Youtube is for, right?

Posted by Fwanninator on February 11, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator

I hope the Oscars don’t run over the allotted time. Sometimes the local channel will go straight to the news after the last award is announced; without the winners coming up to stage.

Posted by hrhgnl on February 11, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Th_names_thumb

I may actually watch the Oscards just because of this! :D

Posted by Ginevra86 on February 11, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator

That’s great. Harry Potter is finally in the oscars even if It’s not for an awars. I’ve always wondered why lord of the rings one all of the oscars but Harry Potter hasn’t

Posted by Bradyboy on February 11, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

ohhhhh this is awesome! i will most certainly be watching the oscars now! teehee Christian Bale temperamental…sorry it’s just i read about it in entertainment weekly. he’s cool.

Posted by kayzz on February 11, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator

Awards I meant not awars.

Posted by Bradyboy on February 11, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator

Ohh exciting! DVR set!

Posted by Lindsay85 on February 11, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Cool!!!! Can’t wait to see it. I watch the Oscars always.This just makes me want to watch it more . I hope to see some thing new, but it is still cool if it isn’t!!!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on February 11, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Okay, I’ll watch it!! Haha, I just realized that’s the day of my Confirmation! But I think it ends at 5, so I’ll be okay. Me & my friends will probably have like a party or something ’Cuz we are off the next day!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 11, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
N56709204_31804671_771_thumb

So awesome! I can’t wait to see it!

Posted by sunflower_frames on February 11, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait!

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 11, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Peeps_reduced_dscn0087_thumb

Does it have to be at the end of the show. I can’t wait

Posted by huffledor on February 11, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator

"Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh [i]Ronnie --"[/i][br]Fred and George were both makin