Oscar Telecast to Include Brief Clip of "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
February 11, 2009, 02:28 PM

The New York Times is reporting today that a brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be shown at the end of the Oscar telecast on February 22nd. This comes as producers of the Academy Awards program asked various studios to provide scenes and clips from upcoming movies for the Oscar show this year. Today, the Times says that Warner Bros will be showing footage from "Sherlock Holmes," directed by Guy Ritchie with Robert Downey Jr.; "Terminator Salvation," directed by McG with a temperamental Christian Bale; and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe."

At this point we do not know if the HBP footage will be from previously released trailers or this will be new footage, and we will update with more when we can. The Oscars will be broadcast on ABC television Feb 22, 2009  beginning at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

It better be some good footage. I still hold a grudge against WB.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 11, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Portrait-snape-av_thumb

Cool! I hope it’s something new. :)

Posted by boushh on February 11, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

i am so excited i hope we see some new material ! :)

Posted by cat_eli_mon on February 11, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

OOOoooo…I’m excited! :)

Posted by eiVega on February 11, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

just 5 more months….zzzzzzzzzz

Posted by Matea on February 11, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

“it probably won’t be anything more than Harry spinning on his heel with his wand extended and the words “Half-Blood Prince, July 2009.”

Its a montage. That means quick quick quick."

Exactly. I’d love another min or so of footage, but I don’t think we’ll see more than 3 or 4 seconds. Maybe we’re wrong!

we can always hope…

Posted by savingharry on February 11, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

Sounds cool. I’ll probably watch it just for that :)

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on February 11, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator

I hope I haven’t fallen asleep by then. It’s about 6 or 7 in the morning here in the Netherlands when the show ends… I try to stay up every year but that gets really difficult at a certain point when you;ve been watching television for so long.

Posted by greatpetie83 on February 11, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Great news! I hope the clip is a new one! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 11, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

Hm, the clips will be broadcast after the Oscars? Then the chance of me seeing it in my country is zero. :(

Oh well, that’s what YouTube is for anyway… :P

Posted by L. P. Dantas on February 11, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator

sweetness

Posted by BannaFish on February 11, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Guess I’ll have to stick it out until the bitter end this year :)

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on February 11, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

I hope it’s new footage..

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on February 11, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Sounds exciting :D I hope it’s new footage

Posted by Sarabi on February 11, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

YAH! i’ll be watching! i’m so excited, can’t wait!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 11, 2009, 07:06 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors.