Oscar Telecast to Include Brief Clip of "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
February 11, 2009, 02:28 PM

The New York Times is reporting today that a brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be shown at the end of the Oscar telecast on February 22nd. This comes as producers of the Academy Awards program asked various studios to provide scenes and clips from upcoming movies for the Oscar show this year. Today, the Times says that Warner Bros will be showing footage from "Sherlock Holmes," directed by Guy Ritchie with Robert Downey Jr.; "Terminator Salvation," directed by McG with a temperamental Christian Bale; and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe."

At this point we do not know if the HBP footage will be from previously released trailers or this will be new footage, and we will update with more when we can. The Oscars will be broadcast on ABC television Feb 22, 2009  beginning at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I think I have been successfully convinced to watch the Oscars at last.

Posted by Kirk on February 11, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I love the Oscars!! Can’t wait to watch, unfortunately I will probably work that day so I will miss all the pre-oscar fashion!

Posted by carebie on February 11, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

WHAAAT.
I have a reason to watch the Oscars this year, it seems! _

Posted by L. P. Dantas on February 11, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator

Cool! I really hope it’s something new.

Posted by badger666 on February 11, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator

I wouldn’t hold my breath for anything groundbreaking. WB alone is giving clips for three movies, plus you’d have to expect at least that many from every other major studio, and possibly a few minor ones. And unless they’re doing a half-hour special post-oscar, it probably won’t be anything more than Harry spinning on his heel with his wand extended and the words “Half-Blood Prince, July 2009.”

Its a montage. That means quick quick quick.

Posted by KanedaX on February 11, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I never watch the Oscars. I guess I will now :)

Posted by Christine on February 11, 2009, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

awesome!! i hope its new!!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on February 11, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Does anyone think this years Oscars would have been so much for fun to watch if Ricky Gervais was presentin?

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 11, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Photo_95_thumb

it definitely better be something new! haha it would be such a let down if it was like a trailer we’ve already seen!

Posted by vomit on February 11, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator

Very good news! Will it be a new clip, or stuff seen before? Doesn’t matter, as long as they show something instead of just awards.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on February 11, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator

Somethng new,PLEASE WB! 155 days is still a very long time to wait!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on February 11, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

This just made my day!

Posted by Imperiused! on February 11, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

=O Really? I’ll be sure to watch now!

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 11, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

Too bad they won’t show it more than once!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on February 11, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

I usually dont watch the oscars, but this gives me a reason to! I hope its new footage, but i doubt it. one can hope though!

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 11, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator

"Ah, look, boys, it's the champion," he said to Crabbe and Goyle the moment he got within earshot of Harry. "Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer... Half the Triwizard champions have die