Oscar Telecast to Include Brief Clip of "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
February 11, 2009, 02:28 PM

The New York Times is reporting today that a brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be shown at the end of the Oscar telecast on February 22nd. This comes as producers of the Academy Awards program asked various studios to provide scenes and clips from upcoming movies for the Oscar show this year. Today, the Times says that Warner Bros will be showing footage from "Sherlock Holmes," directed by Guy Ritchie with Robert Downey Jr.; "Terminator Salvation," directed by McG with a temperamental Christian Bale; and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe."

At this point we do not know if the HBP footage will be from previously released trailers or this will be new footage, and we will update with more when we can. The Oscars will be broadcast on ABC television Feb 22, 2009  beginning at 8pm (ET).

Thanks Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

:O So exciting – I hope it’s some new footage!

Posted by MuggleQueen on February 11, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Purebloodproud_thumb

More reason to watch Oscar. Not only can I watch to rate wadrobe selections, now I’ll be eager for the oscars to end so I can see some HP. Yay!

Posted by NarcissaABlack on February 11, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

My question: was the “temperamental Christian Bale” crack by Sue or by the Times? lol.

Posted by savingharry on February 11, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator

It was the Times.

Posted by who? on February 11, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_bigger_thumb

ooh yeah! I’ll be watching. I hope it’s not something we’ve already seen! :)

Posted by AllysonLassiter on February 11, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

Dang it, now I’m gonna have to watch the Oscars this year, and John Stewart isn’t even hosting…

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 11, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator

OMG! I’m sooooo watching the Oscars this year, come hell or high water!

Posted by shanerbaner on February 11, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

Yay! Another reason to watch the Oscars. I’m totally rooting for Slumdog Millionaire, The Dark Knight, and Wall-E. We could even have someone from HBP present an award, since they’re keeping presenters a secret this year.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on February 11, 2009, 03:11 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

nice!

Posted by placebowiz on February 11, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

I love the Oscars! This is exciting!

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on February 11, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I can’t wait!!! YIPEE!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 11, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Half_blood_prince_thumb

yes I HAVE to see this

Posted by Andonut (Greek Ninja) [FTC!] (SHEIKRA) on February 11, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

FANTASTIC!! Hope it’s something new!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 11, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

Honestly! The one time I can’t watch the Oscars! I just hope that someone will upload it! (PS. no matter how temperamental he is, I just LOVE Christian!)

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on February 11, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

cool

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 11, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator

Sure it was over, sure Voldemort had decided to flee, Harry made to run out from behind his statue guard, but Dumbledore bellowed, "Stay where you are, Harry!"[br]For the first time, Dumbledore sounded frightened.