Emma Watson, Rupert Grint Talk Snogging for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Watson
February 10, 2009, 09:01 AM

While at the BAFTAs over the weekend in London, England, actress Emma Watson made some new remarks on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Telegraph reports that Emma is a bit anxious about her first screen kiss as Hermione Granger, especially when it involves her long time co-star, actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Quotage:

"Well I've never had to do it before so I can't say I have any techniques," she says. "I've never had to kiss anyone on screen so it is all new to me.

"Of course I am nervous about it. But, apparently it gets quite boring after a couple of takes, that's what Dan said to me anyway."

The same article also contains older comments from Rupert on the upcoming kiss, where he said "As I've known Emma for so long, I reckon it will be 10 times worse,'' he said.

"I really love the seventh book, but there is no way it will be tame with the Hermione stuff.''

The actor claimed he fills in crosswords to ease the awkwardness between takes and will bring "a stack of crosswords" to the Harry Potter set.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows formally goes into production later this month, with part one due to be released in November, 2010, followed by part two in May, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Picture_3_thumb

how do crosswords ease the tension?

Posted by Araminta1987 on February 11, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

it’s goin’ to be awkard, they’ve known each other for the longest.. they’ve seen each other go through those awkard years.. lol.. but what if sparks go off between them.. hmmmm… lol..

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on February 11, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

haha this made me happy to read, i can’t wait to see this movie its going to be so fantastic!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on February 11, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Of course, she’ll have to kiss Dan too. That’s the part we’ll see in the first film, right? RIGHT?
I can’t wait for the silver doe!!!
And if they do it right, the R/Hr kiss will just be… 8D

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 11, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

Can’t wait for both HBP and DH. It will be interesting to finally see some real interaction between emma and rupert. So far there has been less than no romantic notions :( But hopefully they will pull it together in HBP and DH. I can imagine how weird its going to be for Dan and Bonnie/Rupert and Emma. They are such close friends, almost sibling like and Dan’s the only one with a snogging scene pre-HBP, so it will be interesting to see how the go. I can imagine the last movie is going to be a snoggfest :D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on February 11, 2009, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

this kiss should be dynamic… with at least 4 books worth of serious angst and trying to get them together… it has have that much resolution….. I’m not surprised they are a bit nervous… not only do they have to kiss…but it has to be a big kiss… Their entire relationship leads up to this kiss.. This is going to be good.

Posted by Amy Darlene on February 11, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

I think it will all work out.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 11, 2009, 03:01 AM report to moderator
Bild_4_thumb

Can’t wait for the movie!!!

Posted by Amanda979 on February 11, 2009, 03:09 AM report to moderator

Bland question that deserves a blah answer. Can’t they think of something new to ask? The trio has such unique personalities that they could have asked more interesting questions that the run of the mill kind. at least this reporter didn’t ask if she’d be kissing Dan too. lol. Seeing as they’re doing two movies for one book, they could include that juicy detail of Harry and Hermione kissing…

Posted by pensive on February 11, 2009, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Offcourse it will be awkward for them, being friends and collegues for so long… I’m really looking forwards to the movies <3

Posted by Niphai on February 11, 2009, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Justin_and_lillie_thumb

LOL – Crosswords . . . . . okaaaaay
lol

Posted by Lilliekatieinnes on February 11, 2009, 06:22 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

oh i can’t wait to see the pair of them kissing!!!

Posted by calliet2b4g on February 11, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

Ha, Rupert Grint is hilarious!

I can’t wait for the DH movie!

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on February 11, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Actually it needn’t be awkward if they approach it very technically, analysing every head movement, arm placement and body position beforehand and, if necessary mentally counting the required seconds. It only has to look good to the audience, not be an emotional moment for the actors. Approached like that a kiss is about as exciting as a sneeze.

Posted by Graymayne on February 11, 2009, 08:44 AM report to moderator

I soo cannot wait. I can just hear the clatter of basilisk fangs ;)

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 11, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator

She had always refrained from criticizing the Dursleys in front of Harry, but her eyes flashed every time they were mentioned.