Emma Watson, Rupert Grint Talk Snogging for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Watson
February 10, 2009, 09:01 AM

While at the BAFTAs over the weekend in London, England, actress Emma Watson made some new remarks on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Telegraph reports that Emma is a bit anxious about her first screen kiss as Hermione Granger, especially when it involves her long time co-star, actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Quotage:

"Well I've never had to do it before so I can't say I have any techniques," she says. "I've never had to kiss anyone on screen so it is all new to me.

"Of course I am nervous about it. But, apparently it gets quite boring after a couple of takes, that's what Dan said to me anyway."

The same article also contains older comments from Rupert on the upcoming kiss, where he said "As I've known Emma for so long, I reckon it will be 10 times worse,'' he said.

"I really love the seventh book, but there is no way it will be tame with the Hermione stuff.''

The actor claimed he fills in crosswords to ease the awkwardness between takes and will bring "a stack of crosswords" to the Harry Potter set.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows formally goes into production later this month, with part one due to be released in November, 2010, followed by part two in May, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Harry_potter_thumb

Oh I can’t wait for that scene! It’s going to be good.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 10, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Emma1232_thumb

I can’t wait!

Posted by Emma Lily [Kiwi] *WBM* on February 10, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator

However, we´ll have to wait another two years or so until we´ll get to see that kiss officially. :|
But the press as usual concentrates on kisses, like they are the main points about The Deathly Hallows …

Posted by Fonty on February 10, 2009, 10:31 AM report to moderator
Th_names_thumb

That’s very sweet. Anyone think they’ll add the locketcruz scene, too?

Posted by Ginevra86 on February 10, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Cat_001_thumb

So lookng forward to this film, hope part two is released near my brithday :)

Posted by Kneazle1 on February 10, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator

The way they go on you’d think they were being asked to perform heart surgery. Actors (eyes roll)

Posted by on February 10, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

Gee Rupert – what’s a four letter word for a romantic expression involving the lips?

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on February 10, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Deathly Hallows film is gonna be immense. Gonna be way weird for them with that kissing scene though. And i guess emma might be kissing dan too if they do it properly.

Posted by spiritbound on February 10, 2009, 11:29 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

She will kissing Dan too if they do it right. But I hope she kisses Rupes first. (Lame is me… :P)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 10, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I think we’re more excited about that kiss than both Emma and Rupert ;)
and yes,maybe she’ll have to kiss Dan too.that would be cool:)
I soooo can’t wait!

Posted by Matea on February 10, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Colorme_thumb

Oh I can’t wait for it! Yeah Hopefully they do it right and she’ll be kissing both of them. But I could see them taming down the Harry/Hermione kiss because they’ll probably want movie goers to see Hermione’s first with Ron, not Harry.

Posted by MelissaRochelle on February 10, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Riddle_thumb

I think the R/H bits will be all the better with a tinge of nervousness.

Posted by RiddleTM on February 10, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I’m so excited for this movie !

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 10, 2009, 12:17 PM report to moderator

Hahaha. I can’t wait to see them snog. That will be a good scene.

Posted by badger666 on February 11, 2009, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Hopefully, in the end, they manage to overcome the awkwardness and can deliver a spectacular kiss for audiences. :)

Posted by Kirk on February 11, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator

"You try putting up tinsel when Peeves has got the other end and is trying to strangle you with it."