Emma Watson, Rupert Grint Talk Snogging for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Watson
February 10, 2009, 09:01 AM

While at the BAFTAs over the weekend in London, England, actress Emma Watson made some new remarks on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Telegraph reports that Emma is a bit anxious about her first screen kiss as Hermione Granger, especially when it involves her long time co-star, actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley). Quotage:

"Well I've never had to do it before so I can't say I have any techniques," she says. "I've never had to kiss anyone on screen so it is all new to me.

"Of course I am nervous about it. But, apparently it gets quite boring after a couple of takes, that's what Dan said to me anyway."

The same article also contains older comments from Rupert on the upcoming kiss, where he said "As I've known Emma for so long, I reckon it will be 10 times worse,'' he said.

"I really love the seventh book, but there is no way it will be tame with the Hermione stuff.''

The actor claimed he fills in crosswords to ease the awkwardness between takes and will bring "a stack of crosswords" to the Harry Potter set.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows formally goes into production later this month, with part one due to be released in November, 2010, followed by part two in May, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Badgers_thumb

Wow! I am so excited for this movie!

Posted by Tiahn on February 10, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Badgers_thumb

WOW I got first comment!!!! This has totally made my like YEAR!

Posted by Tiahn on February 10, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I’m sure it’s only media who makes it a lot bigger deal than it really is… Always on the look-out for “dirt” on Harry Potter. And snogging is dirty

Posted by Hermyluna on February 10, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Badgers_thumb

I wonder if whoever posted reads the comments… That means SUE MIGHT READ THIS!!! O.O
AUSTRALIA LOVES YOU :P lol.

Here in Aus is 1:00am so I’m a bit frazzled. This has totally lifted my spirits though, with my mum in hospital again tonight I was all mopey now I’m squeeful!^_^

I love how down to Earth Emma seems. She is a great role model.

(I’m just gonna leave now, beofre I annoy someone with posting too many times :D)

Posted by Tiahn on February 10, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

I love them. :) Deathly Hallows is going to be great!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on February 10, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Me-cropped_thumb

that will be so awkward for them, but it will be so great!

Posted by janspach on February 10, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Poesy_-_copie_thumb

I’m looking forward to seeing DH!! But I agree with Hermyluna, they tend to make it such a big deal. I know it must be awkward but it’s there job after all.

Posted by Hepburn on February 10, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

That scene is going to be so great in the fillm, I can’t wait! I am sure that they are going to pull it off, in a funny and good way.

Posted by wizardinventor on February 10, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator

hehehe I love this!! I mean its kind of akward for ron and hermione the first time too! I hope they capture that! Its going to be amazing!!

Posted by jenbabe705 on February 10, 2009, 09:54 AM report to moderator
Matt_p_and_mj_thumb

This is such a unique situation…we’ve watched Emma and Rupert grow up. I feel awkward thinking about them, as actors, having to film it 100 times. However, when they bring Ron and Hermione to life on screen, I think that feeling of weirdness will subside and I won’t see Emma and Rupert. I’ll see Ron and Hermione. I can’t wait!

Posted by MJLeakyCon on February 10, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Crosswords! Rupert just makes me laugh.

Posted by *Rachael* on February 10, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator
250px-hufflepuff_thumb

Ah I can’t wait to see Hermione and Ron get together :) I’m sure Rupert and Emma will do a great job despite the awkwardness.

Posted by Tami on February 10, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Emma is such an amateur.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 10, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I’m sure it will be awkward for them at first. It probably would be easier with a different actor since they have grown up together. It is after all “acting”, I believe they can pull it off. It’s been a long wait for Hermione so I’m sure it will be “sweet”.

Posted by Cool G on February 10, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Panda_bounce_thumb

Well, if everything goes the way I hope it does with this movie, Emma will be kissing more than just Rupert!! _

Posted by Bratpack on February 10, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."[br]"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically. Ron laughed, but Hermione frowned.