Marked Up Book on the Block for FirstBook

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
February 01, 2009, 01:46 AM

LeaveAMarkAuctions is currently auctioning off a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that has been marked up in the margins, primarily by Paul DeGeorge of Harry and the Potters. Paul provides color commentary, sketches and other ... additional detail ... throughout the book. Joe DeGeorge chimes in and our Frak of PotterCast provides several illustrations. I've also marked up a chapter at Paul's kind request.

You can bid on the book by pledging a certain amount in the comments; all proceeds benefit FirstBook, a wonderful organization whose aim is to provide low-income families with books.

Bidding is open until 11:59 p.m. on February 7, and the winner will also receive, naturally, a commemorative barf bag. The auction was put together by Shooting Stars.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Hey go on Harry and the Potters myspace check out their most recent blog!!! Some of Fraks pictures are up there!!! i want this book<33 It looks awesome!

Posted by KaraDawlish on February 01, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Nymphadora_tonks_by_hito762_thumb

This is sooooo cool! really amazing idea everybody! :)

Posted by SabrinaDrolet14 on February 01, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

It’s quickly soaring out of my price range which is too bad because it looks hilarious/awesome. I do hope that we’ll get to see more of it after the auction ends.

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on February 01, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I have to admit that I am awfully tempted to auction for this book; then I must remind myself that I am a poor college student and it is probably wiser to dedicate my money, shall we say, to other things. Congratulations to the person who does obtain this wonderful book!

Posted by Kirk on February 01, 2009, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

I love the thought bubbles above Harry’s and Scabber’s heads. Now that I’ve seen a Harry and a Ron from the book I really want to see a Hermione. This was a great idea to earn some money for a fantastic charity.

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on February 01, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Ron_thumb

I’m not sure if this is just me, but I clicked the link in this post and then the back button and I accessed someone elses myleaky profile/main page? Then I was clicking around trying to sign out and I came across someone elses page? I’m new to myleaky (I literally just registered), but I don’t think it’s normal to see "Welcome Back, (someone that’s not me) at the top of the main page? twice?

Posted by dee on February 01, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Boston_20day_203_20070_thumb

Poor college kids need not apply. The Bidding really jumped quickly out of my reach, ah well—it’s for a good cause!

Posted by Bre S. on February 02, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator

Thats a really good idea. wish i was rich enough to bid :(

Posted by Kay on February 02, 2009, 03:56 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I would love to have that! The one who would own it would be very lucky. :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 02, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Iloveyou_thumb

awwww, that would be sooo cool to own, but i’m, like, SUPER broke at the moment.

Posted by sirius20_81 on February 02, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
1973 Points

So cool! How I wish that I had money….

Posted by u on February 02, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Harryp_thumb

Sounds awesome!!!

Posted by Christine on February 02, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

Thats so cool!! :)

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on February 03, 2009, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_doujinshi_sm_letras_thumb

that is an awesome idea!!!! and the scans are so so cool!!!!! i wish i could bid……. the person who’ll get the book is really lucky!
it still amazes me how the magic world of jkrowling keeps on being an inspiration to do such marvellous things!!
great job you guys!!!!!

Posted by pigmypuffa [ROAR] on February 03, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Iconator_0fcee819185ab7e212f09b96da90c385_thumb

This is so amazing and such a good idea…..i want that book so much. too bad I am broke

Posted by DuckyLynn on February 03, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator

"I still can't work out how you two got the best-looking girls in the year," muttered Dean.[br]"Animal magnetism," said Ron gloomily, pulling stray threads out of his cuffs.