Marked Up Book on the Block for FirstBook

Charity
Posted by: Melissa
February 01, 2009, 01:46 AM

LeaveAMarkAuctions is currently auctioning off a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone that has been marked up in the margins, primarily by Paul DeGeorge of Harry and the Potters. Paul provides color commentary, sketches and other ... additional detail ... throughout the book. Joe DeGeorge chimes in and our Frak of PotterCast provides several illustrations. I've also marked up a chapter at Paul's kind request.

You can bid on the book by pledging a certain amount in the comments; all proceeds benefit FirstBook, a wonderful organization whose aim is to provide low-income families with books.

Bidding is open until 11:59 p.m. on February 7, and the winner will also receive, naturally, a commemorative barf bag. The auction was put together by Shooting Stars.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Charity News

Untitled-1_thumb

I wanna see Fraks illustrations. Wonder if he’s done detailed ones or just little doodles.

Posted by Crom on February 01, 2009, 01:54 AM report to moderator

haha i would read everything!

Posted by Another Weasley on February 01, 2009, 02:13 AM report to moderator
Leakyav2_thumb

I’d love to own this! I wonder how much it will end up going for?

Posted by The Whomping Willow on February 01, 2009, 02:16 AM report to moderator
King_s-cross-station---harr_thumb

That would be so cool! I almost feel like bidding; actually, any annotated/marked copy of a book is extremely cool.

Posted by Arka on February 01, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Kris_thumb

Can’t we see a little preview (like one page with commentary and an illustration)?
I think it is for a really good cause. It is so importent that children are in the possibility to read at home and are stimulated to read more often!

Posted by Karrelien on February 01, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

There are previews on the pages I linked, and on harryandthepotters.com. :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on February 01, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator
Red_dress_159_thumb

This is soo cooll!!! SQUEEE

Posted by aryell on February 01, 2009, 02:31 AM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

I would like to bid but its already at $100. I don’t have enough money to spare. :(

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on February 01, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator

That looks so awesome!

Posted by albeitgruggish on February 01, 2009, 03:26 AM report to moderator

That’s so cool! I love Harry and the Potters
everyone should check out their albums

And i would bid for the book if i had any money whatsoever
but I’m trying t save up for an electric guitar to start my own wizard rock band ^^

Posted by Spiiryt { R.O.A.R } on February 01, 2009, 03:44 AM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

Well, personally, I hope this raises a big paycheck for FirstBook. You go!

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on February 01, 2009, 04:25 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I would like to see the drawings!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 01, 2009, 04:49 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

thats a pretty cool idea. i hope it raises a bunch of money for charity

Posted by Chad on February 01, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Deatheaters_thumb

ooooohhhh this is so cool, but im too young to bid :’(

Posted by Loony.in.Honeydukes (ROAR) on February 01, 2009, 05:10 AM report to moderator

I’ve almost never wanted something so much….. I’m gonna see how much money I can get together for myself and then bid :) I hope whoever gets it puts up scans of it online!

Posted by Sophie on February 01, 2009, 05:14 AM report to moderator

"So Dobby stopped us from getting on the train and broke your arm...." He shook his head. "You know what, Harry? If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you."