Tom Felton: No Confirmation Yet on Aging for Deathly Hallows Epilogue

Felton Interviews
December 09, 2009, 06:11 PM

Several times in the past, cast members have discussed the possibility of playing themselves 19 years in the future for the epilogue to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. MTV has a new interview online tonight with actor Tom Felton who says he has not had confirmation yet on how that scene will be handled. Quotage:

"For the big-screen adaptation, does that mean older actors will portray Harry and the rest of the grown-up students? Or that the young stars will be aged through makeup effects or CGI technology? No decision has been made, according to Tom Felton, who plays peroxide-blond villain Draco Malfoy. "We haven't shot that yet, and I still haven't had the confirmation whether I'm doing it or we're going to get someone else to do it," he told MTV News while promoting the DVD for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." "I haven't heard too much. I guess they're still making decisions about it now. It is a very exciting scene. I know Daniel [Radcliffe] and I have talked about it and said it'd be a lot of fun to do."

Tom later weighed in with more: "While Felton joked that he'd be cool with having Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio step in to play an adult Draco, the British actor maintained that he's looking forward to seeing what he will look like 19 years in the future. "It'd be kind of freaky to see what they come up with," he said
."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

please, only original actors! no new actors! no way!

Posted by Pollytomat on December 10, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator

Well that’s a little suss.

Are Bonnie and Rupert’s claims not to be trusted, or have they been misquoted?

Posted by WickedLoz on December 10, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

the current cast should really play their future characters. it doesnt make sense to bring in other actors…they know their characters back to front and they should be allowed to portray them in the epilogue scene. it would finish the movie and the series well; tie it together nicely. (and in the same respect, it’d finish the series awkwardly if other actors stepped in last minute…)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on December 10, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Lol, Aurora Duv!!! That seems to have “tabloid” written all over it!

Aurora Duv:
“I am surprised he says he doesn’t know because I thought I had read that Tom’s girlfriend, is it Jade?, was being asked to take the part of Draco’s wife.”

Posted by Thio on December 10, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator

they had better get Dan, Rupert, Emma, Bonnie and Tom do it!!!!

Posted by Sanju on December 10, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I am rather more interested to see who plays the new Potter Weasley and Malfoy children.

Posted by Girlraven1 on December 11, 2009, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

I would be very disappointed if they change the actors. Though It would be interesting to see what someone else would make of the roles, I’d much rather have the original actors do the scene.

Posted by RobynAlexa on December 11, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator

I don’t understand what the big deal is….It’s not like they are going to be 50 or 60 years old
at the end……they are only going to BE 36 years old …they ..most
of them…. probubly will not look all that much different….just a little more mature and some maybe even better.

And Tom doesn’t know because they are ..as Dan just said in a recent interview…they are changing scripts dayly ….constitently…..and Jade
wouldn’t even know until the finale script for a scene is also handed to her ..nor
would Tom…if they are changing things all the time…as Dan said.

Posted by Jeannine on December 11, 2009, 02:27 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I think I’m alone, but I think they should get older actors to play the parts. I’ve seen a lot of movies where makeup and CG are used to age people up or down and I just don’t think it would be convincing… if they were going to be in their 80s and therefore hidden under piles of wrinkles, no problem; but getting them to 40ish? I think they’d look silly. And sound silly too, for that matter, so if they do go for aging them up I hope they remember to age their voices too.

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on December 11, 2009, 02:57 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

I am sure that the original actors will be in the last scene. It would be just down right awful to use other actors in the very last scene. WB and the Yates wouldn’t want the fans to be upset about this because then they wouldn’t buy the movie when it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray. All in all I do hope that they can do the CGI aging with the original actors. That would be awesome!

Posted by beewell on December 11, 2009, 03:06 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I really, really hope that they keep the original actors. If they got other people to do it it just wouldn’t seem right.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 11, 2009, 03:40 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

it would be cool if thay played there self 19 years later it would be coool

Posted by alicia00 on December 11, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

From what I’ve gathered I’m thinking Tom either isn’t in the know or is just pretending he doesn’t know.

Posted by blue4t on December 11, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

If, and only if, I’m not saying they will, but only if, they will get an older actor and not age the young actors, I’d go for Stuart Townsend to play Harry Potter 19 years after. He looks very much like Dan Radcliffe, and he’s British too.

Posted by alegria35 on December 11, 2009, 08:56 AM report to moderator

I honestly don’t see any reason why the actor’s shouldn’t play their characters in the epilogue. The makeup department should have no trouble “aging” them, and it’s not like they’re supposed to be THAT old anyways. Only in their thirties!

Posted by Bella Longbottom on December 11, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator

"Now -- be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind! You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014