Tom Felton: No Confirmation Yet on Aging for Deathly Hallows Epilogue

Felton Interviews
December 09, 2009, 06:11 PM

Several times in the past, cast members have discussed the possibility of playing themselves 19 years in the future for the epilogue to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. MTV has a new interview online tonight with actor Tom Felton who says he has not had confirmation yet on how that scene will be handled. Quotage:

"For the big-screen adaptation, does that mean older actors will portray Harry and the rest of the grown-up students? Or that the young stars will be aged through makeup effects or CGI technology? No decision has been made, according to Tom Felton, who plays peroxide-blond villain Draco Malfoy. "We haven't shot that yet, and I still haven't had the confirmation whether I'm doing it or we're going to get someone else to do it," he told MTV News while promoting the DVD for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." "I haven't heard too much. I guess they're still making decisions about it now. It is a very exciting scene. I know Daniel [Radcliffe] and I have talked about it and said it'd be a lot of fun to do."

Tom later weighed in with more: "While Felton joked that he'd be cool with having Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio step in to play an adult Draco, the British actor maintained that he's looking forward to seeing what he will look like 19 years in the future. "It'd be kind of freaky to see what they come up with," he said
."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Wand_thumb

They better have Tom, Dan, Rupert, Emma, and Bonnie do it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 09, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I hope they just age the current actors in a good way and not get new older actors to play them.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 09, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I really hope they age the current actors, I don’t want the last scene to be of people we’ve never seen before.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on December 09, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

If they don’t have the original actors playing the adult versions, there will be on very unhappy Slytherin here.

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on December 09, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

i think it would be a waste of money to get actors to portray them. plust it would be so much better to have the original cast do it

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on December 09, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_6_40_thumb

lol yeh i too hope that they use the current actors, it would be more interesting to see them

Posted by nox avis on December 10, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

They have to do it I don’t like the idea of someone else portraying Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Draco!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on December 10, 2009, 04:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

The current actors should do the epilogue. Watching other actors playing our fav characters would be weird!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on December 10, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I hope they don’t have other actors. I would like the last people we see in the movies to be the original actors. BUT, if it’s going to be really cheesy and bad, I guess I’d rather have other actors come in and play the parts.

Posted by Christine on December 10, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Jedi_and_sith_button_thumb

I want the original actors to play themselves (aged) in the epilogue. I have faith that they would do a good job of it.

Posted by AZMMRavenclaw on December 10, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yeah, i hope they don’t have other actors do it, but i concur with christine.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 10, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

I definitely think they should use the original actors. I mean, come on, no fan wants their last memory of Harry Potter to be of 5 random people, right? Yates had better get this last scene absolutely PERFECT. I hope John Williams composes the score. Maybe they’ll end with the “Leaving Hogwarts” theme from the end of Sorcerer’s Stone. Wouldn’t that be a lovely touch?

Posted by All Was Well on December 10, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope that they simply use the original actors for this scene. After all, considering the fact that this scene will constitute the end of this franchise, it seems only natural that the cast of actors and actresses who contributed so much to its success would give their closing act. To replace them with other people would, in my opinion, amount to an egregious error in judgment and a slap in the face to the effort and labor of these individuals.

They succeeded in faking age with Benjamin Button by means of CGI technology. They can do it here.

Posted by Kirk on December 10, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator

They have to use the original actors because, as a hardcore Hermione and Ron fan, I better get to see my happy ending with the people that deserve it! My heart will break if Emma, Rupert, Tom, Bonnie, and Dan don’t do the ending!

Posted by jreineke3 on December 10, 2009, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Rita_thumb

I am surprised he says he doesn’t know because I thought I had read that Tom’s girlfriend, is it Jade?, was being asked to take the part of Draco’s wife.

Posted by Aurora Duv on December 10, 2009, 11:43 AM report to moderator

Professor Trelawney was standing in the middle of the entrance hall with her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in theother, looking utterly mad... her innumerable shawls and scarves were trailing haphazardly from her shoulders, giving the impres