CNN: Harry Potter Actors Reflect, Look Forward to Life Post Deathly Hallows

HP Cast
December 09, 2009, 11:06 AM

CNN has a new article online today where cast members reflect back on the beginning of their time with the Harry Potter series as well as life post Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Of interest are comments from Dan Radcliffe who spoke about that first day for filming of Sorcerer's Stone: "It was September 29, 2000," Daniel Radcliffe, now 20, told CNN with a hint of nostalgia about his first day on set in Goathland railway station in northern England. "Me, Emma [Watson], and Rupert [Grint] had all traveled up that day in a minibus, and we sat on the back seat -- which was undoubtedly my influence -- pretending that we were DJs on a radio station."

Tom Felton also spoke of his early days, saying  "I'll never forget walking through those amazing doors for the first time, as we have done many a time since," Tom Felton, who plays Harry Potter baddie Draco Malfoy, told CNN. "I also remember auditioning here. The crazy thing about the audition was that, at my very first audition -- when they had thousands of kids in, day in day out -- Emma Watson was standing next to me and we did it together. And I came back in two weeks and she had been cast!"

As for what happens when the final scene is done in the final Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Rupert Grint told CNN: "Before this film you never really thought about it ending, you kind of just thought it was going to go on for ever. It's going to be quite a moment I think because my whole childhood is really in this place," said 21-year-old Rupert Grint, who has spent the last decade playing Harry Potter's loyal friend Ron Weasley.

But Grint quickly goes to stress that he is ready to leave Hogwarts' gates behind him and move on to new ventures -- this time without the help of magic potions. "I think I'm ready to move on and get out into the real world and see what it's like."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Awesome! First!

Posted by Lucida on December 10, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

It has been great for us to be able to really see these kids grow up on screen. It’ll be hard for all of us, but especially hard for them. They’ve all done other things along the way, but HP has been such a big part of their public image. I hope that they will all be able to move along in their careers, if that’s what they want. The transition won’t necessarily be an easy one. I wish them all the best.

Posted by Eeyore on December 10, 2009, 04:22 AM report to moderator
R3_thumb

i might cry after i watch hp dh part II during the credits..the series beacame a part of my childhood. :’(

Posted by moondragon15(ROAR) on December 10, 2009, 04:29 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I’m already having a hard time believing that it will all be over. Just like what Rupert said, I never really thought about it ending, I just expected it to keep going and going. And let me just say that this interview, the documentary on the ultimate editions, and some of the bonus features on the HBP DVD make me REALLY grateful that they managed to keep the same cast for all the films. I don’t think the end would be as emotional as it is if there were different actors.

Posted by tubaturtle on December 10, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I hope they film all the last moments the actors are on set and when they leave. That would make for some great bonus footage or something! And also very sad of course.

Posted by Rosie016 on December 10, 2009, 05:25 AM report to moderator
Menharry_thumb

yeah, but I think The Tales of Beedle the Bard are going to be made into a cartoon movie next. =]

and, by then J.K. Rowling may have written an offshoot book, or something. I personally would LOVE to read a book set either like 10 years in the future, i.e. right before everyone gets married or a movie set during James and Lilys time. That would be pretty cool. And if she rights another book, we know it’ll get made into a movie.

Posted by Matthew Hallows [ROAR!] on December 10, 2009, 05:35 AM report to moderator
Dscf1325_thumb

Yeah, I wish it would just keep going. Still, I’m pretty sure Jo is done w/ HP. sigh It’ll probably be good for the actors to move on though.

Posted by lunapeeves on December 10, 2009, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

It’s been an amazing ten years!

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on December 10, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I DON’T WANT IT TO END!!!!!!:(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 10, 2009, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

It’ll be interesting for them. I wonder if they will stay in contact with each other?

Posted by Smitch on December 10, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator

“…I think most of us right now are just trying to appreciate the time we have left.”—
Tom Felton

This last line of the article really hit me more than anything else I’ve read to date.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on December 10, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
The_couple_thumb

i can’t believe its all going to be over. i grew up with harry potter (year one to year 12) :(

Posted by Ravenclaw Rep. on December 10, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliffe-06_thumb

All good things come to an end. But the happy news is, the films will be preserved forever to enjoy and I’m quite certain we’ll be enjoying the work of all these young actors for a very, very long time after Harry Potter.

Posted by Jenlynn709 on December 10, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Time flies…

Posted by Won_Two on December 11, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator

NO, THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on December 11, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

But whether James really did take off Snape's pants, Harry never found out. A hand had closed tight over his upper arm, closed with a pincerlike grip. Wincing, Harry looked around to see who had hold of him, and saw, with a thrill of horror, a fully grow