CNN: Harry Potter Actors Reflect, Look Forward to Life Post Deathly Hallows

HP Cast
December 09, 2009, 11:06 AM

CNN has a new article online today where cast members reflect back on the beginning of their time with the Harry Potter series as well as life post Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Of interest are comments from Dan Radcliffe who spoke about that first day for filming of Sorcerer's Stone: "It was September 29, 2000," Daniel Radcliffe, now 20, told CNN with a hint of nostalgia about his first day on set in Goathland railway station in northern England. "Me, Emma [Watson], and Rupert [Grint] had all traveled up that day in a minibus, and we sat on the back seat -- which was undoubtedly my influence -- pretending that we were DJs on a radio station."

Tom Felton also spoke of his early days, saying  "I'll never forget walking through those amazing doors for the first time, as we have done many a time since," Tom Felton, who plays Harry Potter baddie Draco Malfoy, told CNN. "I also remember auditioning here. The crazy thing about the audition was that, at my very first audition -- when they had thousands of kids in, day in day out -- Emma Watson was standing next to me and we did it together. And I came back in two weeks and she had been cast!"

As for what happens when the final scene is done in the final Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Rupert Grint told CNN: "Before this film you never really thought about it ending, you kind of just thought it was going to go on for ever. It's going to be quite a moment I think because my whole childhood is really in this place," said 21-year-old Rupert Grint, who has spent the last decade playing Harry Potter's loyal friend Ron Weasley.

But Grint quickly goes to stress that he is ready to leave Hogwarts' gates behind him and move on to new ventures -- this time without the help of magic potions. "I think I'm ready to move on and get out into the real world and see what it's like."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I still struggle to accept the knowledge that within a few months they will cease filming these films. Following their work has constituted so much of my life these last ten years.

Posted by Kirk on December 09, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Its still hard to think that it is really ending. sobbing

Posted by The Nerd on December 09, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I hope they film all the last moments the actors are on set and when they leave. That would make for some great bonus footage or something! And also very sad of course.

Posted by Rosie016 on December 09, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_small_thumb

i am so so so so so so so very SAD…………………..
p.s. love the article however…….but, remain forever faithful and am responding in a very , so very selfish way…..i just want more….i wish it didn’t have an ending….
i wish we were all waiting for Jo’s next book release date …….book # 8…….i just think the series should continue……………………………………………

Posted by just another weasley ROAR,OoM2GS on December 09, 2009, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Awesome!!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on December 09, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

@Rosie016: I also hope they film that too. I would love to watch it. They should play it during the credits of DH Part 2.

Posted by Christine on December 09, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Ok, I am seriously going into withdrawals about soon NOT HAVING MORE DAN, EMMA, and RUPERT to look forward to!! ;_;

Posted by All Was Well on December 09, 2009, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

i guess from now until when parts 1&2 come out on dvd, i’ll just be ODing on nostolgia.

Posted by cosmo409 on December 09, 2009, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Butterbeer_thumb

I still can’t embrace that in 1 year and a half, the story that led my childhood will be over.

Posted by expelliarmus9 on December 09, 2009, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It will be a little weird after the last part for more movies to not come out.

Posted by Swizzle on December 09, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

So cool! That’s pretty neat how Emma and Tom had auditioned together and then they both got cast for the parts.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 09, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

aww it makes me want to cry ; (

Posted by alicia00 on December 09, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Asha_and_caleb_thumb

Has it only been 9 years? Wow… It seems longer than than, and yet…

I can’t believe it’s coming to an end.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on December 09, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
May12003_thumb

i got the first two books from my stepsister when i was about 20, and i got hooked on the first two books, and was waiting for eevry other book to be released, it just doesn’t seem like it’s been 9 years since the first, will be so weird after deathly hollows part 2, as it will be the last hp movie, of course wb has made tons of money and will contiue to make money with the ultimate editions coming out

Posted by potterball on December 10, 2009, 12:48 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

First : ) It’s going to be so difficult or at least wierd for Dan Rupert & Emma when the HP Series is finished!!!

As for DH, I can’t wait to see parts 1 & 2 but don’t look forward to the series comming to an end : (

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on December 10, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

The right-hand window was covered with a gigantic poster, purple like those of the Ministry, but emblazoned with flashing yellow letters: [i]WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO? YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO -- THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'