Harry Potter, The Exhibition to Open in Ontario, Canada April, 2010

Movies
December 08, 2009, 12:08 PM

Harry Potter, The Exhibition is on the move again, due to open in Ontaria, Canada in April of 2010. The traveling exhibition of props and sets used in the Harry Potter films is currently on display in Boston, Mass until February 21st and is then due to open April 9, 2010 at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada marking the first stop outside the US. The exhibition will run until August 22, 2010 and tickets are now available. Various officials responded to the good news:

“The Harry Potter books have introduced millions of children to the enjoyment of reading and the film adaptations have enthralled fans, stimulating their creativity and imaginations,” said Lesley Lewis, CEO of the Ontario Science Centre.  “Harry Potter: The Exhibition is an ideal fit with our Science Centre mission and I’m confident that Harry Potter fans will be delighted by the opportunity to immerse themselves in this exhibition.”

“We are thrilled to be opening Harry Potter: The Exhibition in Canada to give fans the opportunity to experience all of the incredible components of this magical world brought to life,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President, Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “The Ontario Science Centre is a wonderful venue that will showcase perfectly Harry’s world for fans of all ages to enjoy.”

"We are delighted with the reception the exhibition has received in Chicago and Boston and we are honoured to make the Ontario Science Centre the first stop on its international tour," said Eddie Newquist, President, Branded Entertainment, Exhibitgroup/Giltspur. "Fans young and old from around the world have given us tremendous positive feedback, and we are hopeful that all the Harry Potter fans in the Toronto area and beyond will have a chance to visit this one-of-a-kind exhibition."

"The Ontario Science Centre is excited to offer our visitors the opportunity to step into a world that has captured the imagination of both children and adults for over a decade. This exhibition will add a new dimension to our exciting and inspiring programming,” said Dr. Hooley McLaughlin, Ontario Science Centre Director of Visitor Experience. “We’re confident that Harry Potter: The Exhibition will draw local and tourist visitors of all ages.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Avataranna_thumb

YESSSSS!!! I already love the Ontario Science Centre so this will be awsome!!
Best way to get rid of stress from school: find out HP exhibit is coming to Toronto!

Posted by Anna on December 09, 2009, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Hp98_thumb

OMG!!! its finally in canada!!! im soo excited!!!!!!!!!

Posted by louisV_chic♥ROAR♥ on December 09, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

WOOT i’m like 4 hours away from Ontario = ) !!!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on December 09, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Platypus_16-09-17_thumb

EEEK! I didn’t even know about this, then the Science Center sent my mom an email saying there was some kind of Potter thing, so she signed up for the family, thinking I’d like it, maybe (she doesn’t get my obsession), and I looked it up here AFTERWARDS, and OMG, it’s the thing I kept wishing I could see but couldn’t because I live too far away. Wow. A warning to Torontonians: places will go fast, you need to register early (as in now), since members get email updates and such, and we will all register really fast. So gogogogo!

Posted by Worlds_Away on December 09, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I would like to see the exhibit, but I live in the Rockies. So I need to save my money on a once-a-year trip. If only the exhibit come to Seattle or someplace close by.

Posted by leigia on December 09, 2009, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

YES I LIVE IN TORONTO!!!!

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on December 10, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Wonderful for Toronto! I do hope it comes to Philly. Please, please, please!

Posted by Xyra44 on December 10, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Congrats to Canada!! What about Washington DC are?! :(

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on December 11, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I understand that it is stupid to aske to send the exhibition to Moscow))) However, please, send it to Europe!!!! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on December 11, 2009, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Liana_xmas_thumb

Well, I guess I can stop stewing about how to get to Boston by February. Just thrilled at this. Got the news from and friend today and came to check it out — that’s what I get for not checking Leaky more frequently at busy times of year!! — thanks for the details.

Posted by loquaciouskook on December 13, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's r-really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."[br]It was the first time she had ever said Voldemort's name, and it was this, more than any