Harry Potter, The Exhibition to Open in Ontario, Canada April, 2010

Movies
December 08, 2009, 12:08 PM

Harry Potter, The Exhibition is on the move again, due to open in Ontaria, Canada in April of 2010. The traveling exhibition of props and sets used in the Harry Potter films is currently on display in Boston, Mass until February 21st and is then due to open April 9, 2010 at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada marking the first stop outside the US. The exhibition will run until August 22, 2010 and tickets are now available. Various officials responded to the good news:

“The Harry Potter books have introduced millions of children to the enjoyment of reading and the film adaptations have enthralled fans, stimulating their creativity and imaginations,” said Lesley Lewis, CEO of the Ontario Science Centre.  “Harry Potter: The Exhibition is an ideal fit with our Science Centre mission and I’m confident that Harry Potter fans will be delighted by the opportunity to immerse themselves in this exhibition.”

“We are thrilled to be opening Harry Potter: The Exhibition in Canada to give fans the opportunity to experience all of the incredible components of this magical world brought to life,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President, Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “The Ontario Science Centre is a wonderful venue that will showcase perfectly Harry’s world for fans of all ages to enjoy.”

"We are delighted with the reception the exhibition has received in Chicago and Boston and we are honoured to make the Ontario Science Centre the first stop on its international tour," said Eddie Newquist, President, Branded Entertainment, Exhibitgroup/Giltspur. "Fans young and old from around the world have given us tremendous positive feedback, and we are hopeful that all the Harry Potter fans in the Toronto area and beyond will have a chance to visit this one-of-a-kind exhibition."

"The Ontario Science Centre is excited to offer our visitors the opportunity to step into a world that has captured the imagination of both children and adults for over a decade. This exhibition will add a new dimension to our exciting and inspiring programming,” said Dr. Hooley McLaughlin, Ontario Science Centre Director of Visitor Experience. “We’re confident that Harry Potter: The Exhibition will draw local and tourist visitors of all ages.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dhc-avatar_thumb

Awesome! :D Here’s to hoping it comes to the West Coast, though. fingers crossed

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on December 09, 2009, 05:48 AM report to moderator
Metallica---ninja-star-poster-c10282759_thumb

FINALLY!!!!!!!!
CAN’T WAIT TO GO TO IT WITH MY FRIENDS…I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO COME TO TORONTO FOR AGES….
ALL THAT REMAINS IS POTTERCAST COMING TO TORONTO LOL! WHAT DO YOU SAY, POTTERCAST? STOP BY TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH AND ENJOY SOME FUN WITH US CANADIANS, EH?
SOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW, ALL TRAIN OF THOUGHT HAS VAPOURIZED !!

Posted by Ascendancy on December 09, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Going the day it opens =D

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on December 09, 2009, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

I can’t wait!!

Posted by LadySidi on December 09, 2009, 06:35 AM report to moderator
Haircut_march10_1__thumb

gah is it ever going to come to the west coast?

Posted by Bre on December 09, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

cool but i dont like in canada

Posted by alicia00 on December 09, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

cool but i dont like in canada

Posted by alicia00 on December 09, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

I’m glad Toronto is getting a chance at the Harry Potter Exhibit! I really wish that they would let the public know where it is going more than just a couple months in advance… I really hope it makes it’s way to the West Coast, more specifically Phoenix, AZ! I went to the Chronicles of Narnia Exhibition and it was AWESOME; I can only imagine that the Harry Potter one would be 100x’s better!

Posted by PineappleCrush on December 09, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator

OMFG I LIVE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIES

Posted by on December 09, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I hope they send it to Europe sometime…

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on December 09, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_portrait_dobby_48x48

I want 2 go!

Posted by get1nexttime on December 09, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Come to somewhere in the southeastern US!!!! Man, I need to find a way to get to Boston before this thing goes off to Canada. I don’t have an excuse anymore now that I am no longer interviewing at Harvard. :-(

Posted by sgreeter8888 on December 09, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I wish it would go further south please… I mean come on, take it to Florida at least!! But congrats to all those who can make it to Canada!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 09, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator

I wish the title of the article would specify WHERE in Ontario this exhibition is being held. Ontario is a big place! For instance, it’s five hour drive from Ottawa to Toronto.

Also, you spelled “Ontario” wrong in the body of the article. “Harry Potter, The Exhibition is on the move again, due to open in Ontaria, Canada in April of 2010.”

Posted by Clockwork Jackal on December 09, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

Congrats to Canada! As some one currently working at the Exhibit in Boston, I know we will miss it terribly and I hope you will love it as much as I have loved working it!

Posted by JrbHPhost on December 09, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Oh that's my Foe-Glass. See them out there, skulking around? I'm not really in trouble until I see the whites of their eyes. That's when I open my trunk."[br]He let out a short, harsh laugh, and pointed to the large trunk under the window. It had seven k