Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ultimate Collector's Editions DVDs Release Tomorrow

Home Video / DVD
December 07, 2009, 08:33 PM

Tomorrow here in the US we will see the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on DVD and Blu-Ray as well as the first two Ultimate Collector's Editions for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. As a reminder, many Blockbusters are holding release parties tonight for the HBP DVD and if you are attending please send in your photos and reports to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org and we will post them.

To recap, the two disc HBP DVD will also contain many treats for fans including that sneak look at the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with the high res video available here and high res screencaps found here. Also of note is the sneak peek of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Today, Universal released this teaser found here. If you purchase the Blu-ray version, you can take part in a live community screening of the film with director David Yates and actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) December 12th from 12 Noon to  3pm (Eastern) with more available here at the Facebook page for the event.

Readers will recall of course, the Half-Blood Prince and Ultimate Collector edition DVD have long been released in other countries. Last month, TLC first brought you screencaps of the entire HBP disc here, as well as the deleted scenes, and extras. Also of note are these screencaps and the entire video for the Wizarding World sneak preview here.  Tonight, Warner brothers has uploaded several news clips including this great one with Alan Rickman on Severus Snape, Emma Watson on being Hermione and Chris Columbus reflecting back on working with a young cast. Also over the weekend during the ABC Family Harry Potter weekend a few sneak previews were broadcast including this video for creating the Inferi, creating the cave, and jewelry design with Evanna Lynch (Luna). Direct links to various clips from HBP can be found here, with this clip of producer David Heyman on the Horcruxes available here.

Last month TLC first also brought you screencaps for the deleted scenes and extras found on the Ultimate edition as noted in this news post with extensive links.  Be sure to check out this post for the gorgeous artwork contained in the booklets for both collector's editions. Also of interest are direct links to preview clips from the two dvds, plus this exclusive clip featuring Dan Radcliffe found here, and this clip of Rupert Grint with the Chess scene found here.  PHEW!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Colbert-stewart-getty-76786870_thumb

Amazon.com is my new best friend! They sell these DVDs pretty cheaply

Posted by QueenFergie on December 08, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

First off…. Thanks Sue for all the updates!! You are awesome!! :)

Second off… I’m super excited to havethe HBP DVD in my hand tomorrow! Can’t wait to watch it over and over again… and of course to watch all the bonus stuff! Squee!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 08, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

wow! thats a lot!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 08, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

wow! thats a lot!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 08, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

This movie was the first time I wasn’t able to get to the theatre to watch it :( BUT with my new Pioneer Elite SC-27 7.1 receiver, HSU research 7.1 speaker setup, and my new LED 55" LCD TV I’ll be bringing home the theatre experience!! I can’t wait to check out all the extra features on the Blu Ray version of the movie!!

Posted by akcorr on December 08, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator

Urgh this sucks so bad…. I really really want these but we can’t get them in the UK :(

I’m so annoyed at WB for this.

Posted by super_snidget on December 08, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator

I ordered from Amazon and paid for 2-day shipping. I got my movie MONDAY and was so excited to watch it early!

Posted by Julie.Flynn on December 08, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_hit_dat_thumb

Wish I had money to spare to buy it :/ Maybe when I get home for Christmas break..

Posted by Inzainiac on December 08, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator

stamps feet so when are we getting them in the UcK????

Posted by blue_dreamer on December 08, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

lucky ducks who are skipping school! my parents wont let me…especially with mid term finals next week!!!! my mums getting it for me…and i dont even get to watch it when i get home!!! cuz ill be studying fofinals and finals go up to the 23rd, so ill be getting it for christmas!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 08, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

As soon as I get a chance to go to the DVD shop I WILL get it!! If I don’t get a chance (which is very likely) I’ll have to get it for Christmas! :(

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 08, 2009, 11:55 PM report to moderator

The price of HBP on Blu-Ray has really come down. Amazon has it for $15.99 and our WalMart circular advertises it for $15!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on December 09, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
20040820-205rp_thumb

I forgot all about the DVD release, lol. It wasn’t one of my fav movies though, so maybe its my subconscious is telling me something, there were just to many things that were left out for me. Now I will have to go to target, since I only went to the grocery store today.

Posted by queequeg on December 09, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

YAYYYYYYYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Posted by Smitch on December 09, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Yeah, when I bought my dvd from amazon I naively thought it would arrive today just like Deathly Hallows showed up on my door step the day of release, but alas, it won’t be here till Dec 14 and I will be out of town! Oh well.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on December 09, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator

"You're dead, Potter."[br]Harry raised his eyebrows. "Funny," he said, "you'd think I'd have stopped walking around..."