Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Ultimate Collector's Editions DVDs Release Tomorrow

Home Video / DVD
December 07, 2009, 08:33 PM

Tomorrow here in the US we will see the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on DVD and Blu-Ray as well as the first two Ultimate Collector's Editions for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. As a reminder, many Blockbusters are holding release parties tonight for the HBP DVD and if you are attending please send in your photos and reports to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org and we will post them.

To recap, the two disc HBP DVD will also contain many treats for fans including that sneak look at the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with the high res video available here and high res screencaps found here. Also of note is the sneak peek of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Today, Universal released this teaser found here. If you purchase the Blu-ray version, you can take part in a live community screening of the film with director David Yates and actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) December 12th from 12 Noon to  3pm (Eastern) with more available here at the Facebook page for the event.

Readers will recall of course, the Half-Blood Prince and Ultimate Collector edition DVD have long been released in other countries. Last month, TLC first brought you screencaps of the entire HBP disc here, as well as the deleted scenes, and extras. Also of note are these screencaps and the entire video for the Wizarding World sneak preview here.  Tonight, Warner brothers has uploaded several news clips including this great one with Alan Rickman on Severus Snape, Emma Watson on being Hermione and Chris Columbus reflecting back on working with a young cast. Also over the weekend during the ABC Family Harry Potter weekend a few sneak previews were broadcast including this video for creating the Inferi, creating the cave, and jewelry design with Evanna Lynch (Luna). Direct links to various clips from HBP can be found here, with this clip of producer David Heyman on the Horcruxes available here.

Last month TLC first also brought you screencaps for the deleted scenes and extras found on the Ultimate edition as noted in this news post with extensive links.  Be sure to check out this post for the gorgeous artwork contained in the booklets for both collector's editions. Also of interest are direct links to preview clips from the two dvds, plus this exclusive clip featuring Dan Radcliffe found here, and this clip of Rupert Grint with the Chess scene found here.  PHEW!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Picture_1_thumb

YES!!!!! I’m skipping the first few hours of school to wait in line for best buy to open!! :D

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on December 07, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

@theRealGinnyWeasley you think it will be a line?

Well hopefully mine should be here tomorrow, I pre-ordered from Amazon. Still wondering if I will go to FYE they have a Steel book edition.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on December 07, 2009, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Untitled-1_thumb

blockbuster? really? netflix is where it’s at… which is in the comfort of my home. :P

Posted by Seanathome on December 07, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

so awesome! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 07, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Dscf1325_thumb

Why? Oh why do I have to wait until Christmas? WHY?!

Posted by lunapeeves on December 07, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Colbert-stewart-getty-76786870_thumb

Oh, finally they are here! I really want those Ultimate Editions. Though I’ll have to wait till pay day.

Posted by QueenFergie on December 07, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

I’m B R O K E right now but I should be getting all three of these as x-mas presents for several different people!! Hiss~~~~

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on December 07, 2009, 11:35 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

my parents always get me the Dvds for christmas, so i have to wait…and then we’re going to florida on christmas eve and won’t have a DVD to watch them till January. i have to wait…..it’s so hard!

Posted by PensievePlotter on December 07, 2009, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

I want those so bad! But they won’t be released here in DK and also – I’m broke =(

Posted by Nicci Weasley on December 08, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

I bought mine through Amazon . . and won’t get it until Friday! (the nerve!)

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on December 08, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Sue must be exhausted with all the news. So many videos!

A few days ago i saw a most likely new HP Blu-ray collection at a store. I wonder what’s the deal about it.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on December 08, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Can someone please explain to me what are all the different dvd versions of HBP? Am I right that there are three versions – one is a normal dvd, two is a 2 disc dvd and three is a blu-ray?

Posted by littleL on December 08, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Wow, can’t believe it’s already here! It seems not-so-long-ago that HBP was premiering!

Posted by All Was Well on December 08, 2009, 08:26 AM report to moderator
Luna-lovegood-tonks-7711807-1024-768_thumb

I pre-ordered mine from Wal-Mart and got the 2 disc special edition of it for twenty one dollars. I got an email yesterday saying that it had been shipped so it should be here anytime. I’m so excited.

Posted by Bella Black on December 08, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

I want this DVD!! Christmas, I guess. :)

Posted by Scylla on December 08, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator

As the snake slid swiftly past him, Harry could have sworn a low, hissing voice said, "Brazil, here I come.... Thanksss, amigo."