Holiday Sales: Extended Movie Only DVDs of Sorcerer's Stone, CoS at Target, More

Home Video / DVD
December 06, 2009, 08:41 AM

It's definitely a very Harry holiday sale week ahead as many retailers are advertising today for the upcoming release here in the US of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD (see here for the complete high res video and screencaps of the Deathly Hallows sneak from the disc). At Target (print ad here), fans can purchase the two disc HBP Dvd with the digital download which will come with a special lenticular case, as well as purchase the extended movie only on DVD for Sorcerer's Stone (7 additional minutes) and Chamber of Secrets (13 additional minutes).  While we know these will be included on the new Ultimate Collector's editions which are also due out December 8th, this will mark the first time fans can purchase the extended editions movie only on DVD (long requested by many.)

Other sales of note include at Meijer who will be offering the paperbacks for all seven of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling at a very low $7.00 (USD). Finally Toys R Us is holding a major sale where video games are buy one, get one 50% off including the Harry Potter video games (including Half-Blood Prince).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I have ordered PS and CoS… but probably should wait as the above folks are and get the whole set for a gazillion $!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on December 07, 2009, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

In addition to the HP6 DVD Special Edition, and waiting for the HP1 and HP2 Ultimate Editions, I’ll certainly pick up the HP1 and HP2 Extended Editions from Target, the picture discs are very cool and I’m a collector of those. What’s spending a bit more money today? I could be killed by the Avada Kedavra curse tomorrow!

Posted by ARION on December 07, 2009, 05:43 AM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

Must. Buy. HBP.

Posted by penguin_freak on December 07, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Can’t wait for HBP!!! :) I’m also waiting until they come out with all the movies in an extended edition set…. it may be a long wait but it’ll be worth it. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 07, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

sweet thats what i am going to get with my christmas money

Posted by alicia00 on December 07, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

yay! i’ll prob go to target for that then :]]

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on December 07, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator

Can’t wait! :-) I’ve been banned from buying it though… which means I will be getting it for Christmas!!

Posted by Adriel on December 07, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Money makes the world go round…

Posted by Won_Two on December 07, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I can’t wait to buy them!!! I’m definitely going to Target!! I want the Ultimate Editions…not just the dvd! :D

Posted by cghambright on December 07, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Can’t wait for Xmas to get my HBP dvd :D

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on December 08, 2009, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Noavatar-normal_thumb

I do want the HP 6 DVD since I’ll be going away and what not for winter break and will have plenty of time to watch movies. But I’m not sure about the Ultimate Editions I mean I could wait till they all come out. Would it be cheaper to wait for them all to come out in a ultimate box set?

Posted by stregs12 on December 08, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i soo cant whate to get it

Posted by alicia00 on December 08, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I can’t wait to get home tonight and watch HBP!!! Have to wait until Christmas for extended versions of SS & CoS, but it’s worth the wait!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on December 09, 2009, 04:37 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Madam Hooch then showed them how to mount their brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting their grips. Harry and Ron were delighted when she told Malfoy he'd been doing it wrong for years.