Indigo Ranks Deathly Hallows as Best Young Adult Book of the Decade

Books
Posted by: Rosi
December 29, 2009, 10:59 AM

A press release from Canadian book retailer Indigo Books & Music Inc. has ranked Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as the top book of the decade in their newly released Young Adult Fiction list. The list was put together by a "dedicated team of Indigo book buyers," with the titles chosen based on their "impact and their popularity". Other books on the list include Markus Zusak's The Book Thief and Philip Pullman's The Amber Spyglass. The article continues to comment on the recent success of Young Adult Fiction, saying:

Young adult fiction flourished through the past decade with Indigo and Chapters seeing 200% growth through the latter five years. As expected, J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga top the Indigo Best of the Decade List for young readers.
The Harry Potter series also gained a place in the retailer's Booklovers' Top Ten "Life-changing" Books list, alongside other highly successful titles from Yann Martel's Life of Pi to Harper Lee's 1960 To Kill a Mockingbird.

Book lovers are invited to comment on the Indigo Best of the Decade List at the retailer's online community.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

yay best book in the series

Posted by KimmiePotter on December 29, 2009, 11:33 AM report to moderator

Please note that this list is AGAIN put together based on popularity. If some smart people would make a list based on quality I’m sure the Twilight books can be found right at the bottom and Harry Potter would be at least in the top 20 with definitely one book in the top 5

Posted by Sorcererke on December 29, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

alright. alright. harry potter is better rhan twilight. we all are sure of it.
but let’s celebrate that HP is on top once again :D
I just wish more American companies would appreciate HP more :/

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on December 29, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Awesome! :) HP all the way!

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on December 29, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Squee for Harry and Jo again! I’m glad these books are getting noticed for their quality of the writing… they truly are amazing.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 29, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Woohoo! Another top spot! Wizards rule vampires drool!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on December 29, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

yay ^^ go jk!

Posted by vintervarg on December 29, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

Does that mean I am still a young adult? grin

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on December 29, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator

ooo, I’m glad the book thief is on there, I love that book.

Posted by albeitgruggish on December 29, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator

ooo, I’m glad the book thief is on there, I love that book.

Posted by albeitgruggish on December 29, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

200% that is great!!!!!!! Go HP!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 29, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

200% that is great!!!!!!! Go HP!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 29, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

Woo hoo, I’m glad that the Harry Potter series is listed in the “Top Ten Life-changing Books” Harry Potter has definitely changed my life.

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on December 29, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

I just finished reading Deathly Hallows not twenty minutes ago! I’ve only read HBP and DH, I’ve seen all the movies, but I’m pretty sure that Deathly Hallows is the best one, with the first two close seconds. I miss Dobby.

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on December 29, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

The best book of the series( & also,the book of answers)!!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on December 30, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator

"Harry, Cedric, I suggest you go up to bed," said Dumbledore, smiling at both of them. "I am sure Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are waiting to celebrate with you, and it would be a shame to deprive them of this excellent excuse to make a great deal of mess an

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014