"Half-Blood Prince" Grosses $302 Million Domestically, $632 Million Internationally in 2009

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
December 28, 2009, 09:02 PM

The "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film has grossed a total of $301.9 million domestically at the box office in 2009, according to a newly released list from AOL Movies.  The sixth Potter film came in second overall stateside, with the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" claiming the top spot.  The full slideshow of Top 10 Box Office Movies of 2009 can be seen via the above link.  Internationally, projected box office totals for the sixth film have reached $632 million, according to ScreenDaily.com, which brings worldwide box office receipts for the "Half-Blood Prince" film to $934 million.  While there are slight differences between figures, this figure puts "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" at the top spot of the worldwide box office for this past year according to Box Office Mojo.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Wand_thumb

Well, Im sure everyone here at Leaky helped out a bit!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 30, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i saw it about 6 times in theaters, mostly because my mother would always say i’ll pay for you and a friend to go to the movies and HBP was the only one we wanted to see :) lol

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on December 30, 2009, 01:48 AM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

That’s alright that Transformer beat us. They are two separate categories, I was just hoping to beat Twilight, because that’s our category of Fantasy Films. But that list was pretty accurate, I got the same list in my paper. The best films of ’09!

Posted by KennedyJames on December 30, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Where are you guys seeing that we “lost” to New Moon? Yes they had a monster opening weekend, but if you compare where HBP was after 38 days to where New Moon is now, we’re actually a good $7 million ahead of them.

Posted by mollywobble on December 30, 2009, 04:16 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I’m glad Harry Potter is still so popular, although I do wish it would have come out at #1! :o)

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on December 30, 2009, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Yayy! I was extremely excited when I read this because HP beat Twilight! I’m kinda sad Transformers grabbed the top spot, because that movie wasn’t the greatest. It lacked in several important ares, but I digress. Good job for Harry Potter! That’s quite a bit of money :)

Posted by da_member0808 on December 30, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Definitely did my part (4 tickets bought by me), well worth every penny, too :-)

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on December 30, 2009, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Gir_xd_thumb

lol. Harry Potter fans DO dominate the world. :D
good job HBP. Deathly Hallows part 1 win dominate
in 2010, part 2 in 2011.

XD

Posted by LAUR3N lx0 on December 30, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Transformers…. I haven’t seen that yet but still good for Harry Potter!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 30, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator

I sacrificed Transformers 2 to see HBP more times, but I’m happy with the choice I made.

Posted by The Flying Lemon on December 30, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

YAY!! Im really glad that HBP did better then new moon!!! Go Harry!!!!

Posted by Mrs.fred weasley on December 30, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I am just excited HBP beat New Moon. Transformers was ok, minimal plot, lots of action. I totally agree that the “religious folk” who think HP is demonic have something to do with HP not doing as well in the US.

Posted by Swizzle on December 30, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

Transformer was a fun mindless blow ‘em up film while HBP was fun in a complete opposite way. I enjoyed both movies, but only watched Transformer once while I watched HBP several times. So it’s great that both movies are in the top two at the box office.

Posted by leigia on December 30, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

I lose faith in America today when something like “Transformers 2” beats out Harry Potter. But still, HBP deserved top spot in the world this year!

Posted by Potter_Puella on December 31, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

good news,keep going

Posted by wing on January 02, 2010, 06:03 AM report to moderator

"Harry," he said, very seriously, "whoever put your name in that goblet -- I -- I reckon they're trying to do you in!"[br]It was as though the last few weeks had never happened -- as though Harry were meeting Ron for the first time, right after he'd been