"Half-Blood Prince" Grosses $302 Million Domestically, $632 Million Internationally in 2009

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
December 28, 2009, 09:02 PM

The "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film has grossed a total of $301.9 million domestically at the box office in 2009, according to a newly released list from AOL Movies.  The sixth Potter film came in second overall stateside, with the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" claiming the top spot.  The full slideshow of Top 10 Box Office Movies of 2009 can be seen via the above link.  Internationally, projected box office totals for the sixth film have reached $632 million, according to ScreenDaily.com, which brings worldwide box office receipts for the "Half-Blood Prince" film to $934 million.  While there are slight differences between figures, this figure puts "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" at the top spot of the worldwide box office for this past year according to Box Office Mojo.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

That’s a lot of Harry fans spending cash!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on December 29, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

i think its so funny how people make such a big deal about how much money a film makes in america when hp is almost always the highest in international box office and that i find even more impressive, how our franchise transcends cultures and languages.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on December 29, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

Dat’s lot of money!

Posted by Nwrosey on December 29, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

1 or 2 thats still not bad

Posted by lilmisssnape on December 29, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Awesome :)

Posted by Christine on December 29, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m2rela3or11qdoyv4o1_500_thumb

I wonder how much money it would have made if it had been released in November 2008, lol. Either way, it’s always nice to see Harry Potter film do well :)

Posted by *ariana_dumbledore* on December 29, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

stupid transformer. what a stupid, unorigonal, disrespectful to women, movie. grrrrr…course im bitter about hbp, but also the transformer movie is so horrible. is there a way where we can find out how much hbp, in theaters, dvd, and internationally, earned? like total?

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on December 29, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

Damn transformers…GO HBP!!! We all know it’ll be HP that wins in the long run :)

Posted by ProfessorAlice on December 29, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Although I am disappointed that HBP did not earn the top spot at the US box office, I am very pleased and overjoyed to learn that it was the highest grossing film internationally. Nothing can beat Harry.

Posted by Kirk on December 29, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator

I am not surprised that Transformers beat HBP in the US. Considering Transformers contained violence, destruction and lack of plot, it had mass appeal to most teens and twenty-something boys. I know the HP films will withstand the test of time and the Transformer movies will be in the $5 bin in another year.

Posted by hrhgnl on December 29, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Butterbeer_thumb

Go Harry Potter!!!

Posted by expelliarmus9 on December 29, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

I have always believed that one of the main reasons that HP never does as well in the US as it does internationally is because the Religious Right, who are more than happy to send their kids to see Transformers, Pirates, Shrek, Spiderman etc won’t let them go and see HP. I suspect this accounts for why they have never hit $350-400 million in the US.

Posted by mouse68 on December 29, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator

Ok, so I’m hoping a lot of people will see this, but I wanted to find a site with a lot of Harry Potter fans to get opinions. I finally posted the video of the premiere of my version of “The Phoenix Lament” and I wanted to get a lot of people to see it to see what they think. So any fans out there, please go to the link below and listen to it and tell me what you all think being die-hard fans yourself. Thanks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpI3vC SiK1Y

The Phoenix Lament-Composed by Thomas Gaff

P.S., if a space shows up in the web address, make sure you delete that space when you paste it to your address bar so it works correctly. Thanks!!

Posted by composerdude86 on December 29, 2009, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

All of my family except my little brother and sister and my Mom went to see it, and there’s 7 of us so we helped out a bit too! lol

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 30, 2009, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

thats amazing but we still did not bet new moon

Posted by alicia00 on December 30, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator

"I wasn't paying attention," said Myrtle dramatically. "Peeves upset me so much I came in here and tried to [i]kill[/i] myself. Then, of course, I remembered that I'm -- that I'm --"[br]"Already dead," said Ron helpfully.