"Half-Blood Prince" Grosses $302 Million Domestically, $632 Million Internationally in 2009

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
December 28, 2009, 09:02 PM

The "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film has grossed a total of $301.9 million domestically at the box office in 2009, according to a newly released list from AOL Movies.  The sixth Potter film came in second overall stateside, with the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" claiming the top spot.  The full slideshow of Top 10 Box Office Movies of 2009 can be seen via the above link.  Internationally, projected box office totals for the sixth film have reached $632 million, according to ScreenDaily.com, which brings worldwide box office receipts for the "Half-Blood Prince" film to $934 million.  While there are slight differences between figures, this figure puts "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" at the top spot of the worldwide box office for this past year according to Box Office Mojo.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Starship_thumb

at least it wasnt New Moon who beated HBP but still great job ppl thanks for spending ur money lol =)

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on December 28, 2009, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

haha! spending for a good reason though! i looked this up when HP was in my mums magazine as the Number one movie of the year!!! its amazing its number one by a long shot!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 28, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Awesome :)

Posted by Christine on December 28, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I didn’t even watch transformers. I am embarrassed for all the Americans who flock to the theatres to see dumb movies.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on December 28, 2009, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I saw Transformers 2 and didn’t like it…. ya’ll are right, it had an awful and boring plot. Most people saw it for the effects though probably. But still glad HBP came out close to the top… I saw it three times in theaters, so my money helped out of course! :) LOL

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 29, 2009, 12:43 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

ah ha..@ the top :D HP fans dominate the world :ppp

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on December 29, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Oh yeah!

Posted by ScottMan on December 29, 2009, 03:13 AM report to moderator

Ok, so I’m hoping a lot of people will see this, but I wanted to find a site with a lot of Harry Potter fans to get opinions. I finally posted the video of the premiere of my version of “The Phoenix Lament” and I wanted to get a lot of people to see it to see what they think. So any fans out there, please go to the link below and listen to it and tell me what you all think being die-hard fans yourself. Thanks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpI3vC SiK1Y

The Phoenix Lament-Composed by Thomas Gaff

P.S., if a space shows up in the web address, make sure you delete that space when you paste it to your address bar so it works correctly. Thanks!!

Posted by composerdude86 on December 29, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Venture_portraits_10-13-08__7_

I read that article yesterday on Yahoo news and I have to say that I’m DELIGHTED (no ECSTATIC) that HP beat out New Moon. After all the hype about New Moon, I was a bit worried that it might beat out HP but thank God there are some people with good tastes out there. Not surprised about Transformers beating out HP even though I’m not sure it’s rightly deserved. My husband saw the movie and didn’t think it was as good as HP. At least HP is #1 outside of the US.

Posted by MyLadyMarigold on December 29, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

OGM! this is sooooooooo AWESOME! yay! =D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on December 29, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Well, Im sure everyone here at Leaky helped out a bit!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 29, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Harry_voldemort_poster_dr2_thumb

That is so cool XD

Posted by Hermione25(ROAR) on December 29, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I’m still disappointed because OOTP has about $10mil. more. HBP was so much better!

Posted by Matea on December 29, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

Wow! That’s alot of money ! Well Done HBP!!!!

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on December 29, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Money makes the world go ’round…

Posted by Won_Two on December 29, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"You rose magnificently to the challenge that face you, and sooner -- much sooner -- than I had anticipated, you found yourself face-to-face with Voldemort. You survived again. You did more. You delayed his return to full power and strength. You fought a