Happy Birthday Melissa!

Birthdays
Posted by: John
December 27, 2009, 12:15 AM

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.. but it's a pretty big day today. She may not want to make a big fuss and hope everyone's still distracted with their relatives and after Christmas sales to notice... But today is a day worth smiling about, as it is now only two weeks until droves of Harry Potter migrate to New York City - and not for a premiere or a ploy to free another house elf..

In lieu of the traditional song, I hope you'll all join me in singing the anthem of such events (even if you have no idea what I'm talking about as it admittedly is a tier 1-3.5ish thing) and wish Melissa a crazy happy day, either here in the comments or screamed into her voicemail if you know how...

"Turnaround, every now and then I get a
little bit lonely and you're never coming around
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart

Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit terrified but then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart "

Love you lots M! Happy Birthday! See you soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Birthdays News

74123_141617022553882_107847329264185_201379_264575_n_thumb

I really like that song. It’s on one of my 80s cds.

Posted by Ballycastle Bats fan on December 27, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

Hahahah great post John!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!!!

Posted by KimmyBlair on December 27, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on December 27, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

happy birthday Melissa!

Posted by cosmo409 on December 27, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Happy birthday Melissa!!!!!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on December 27, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Happy Birthday Melissa! Thank you so much for doing what you have done with Leaky! Great post John!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 27, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Party_thumb

Happy Birthday Meli :)

Posted by Addie (madampenna) on December 27, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator

Happy Birthday :o)!!!!

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on December 27, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!! \o/

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on December 27, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Me-cropped_thumb

Hope you have a wonderful day Melissa!!!

Posted by janspach on December 27, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

Happy Birthday Melissa! I hope you have a great day!

Posted by WeasleyWonder on December 27, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Hr_hbp_thumb

“as it is now only two weeks until droves of Harry Potter migrate to New York City – and not for a premiere or a ploy to free another house elf..”

Droves of HP what? Fans? What’s going on in two weeks here in NYC?

Happy 30th Melissa!

Posted by RHrSoulmates on December 27, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Happy birthday, Melissa! I hope you have a fantastic day. Thank you for all the work you have done on behalf of and for Leaky and this fandom. The Potterverse would not be the same without you.

Posted by Kirk on December 27, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Great post John!!

Happy Birthday Melissa!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 27, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Happy birthday, Mel! Turn around, Bright eyes.

Posted by Lysh on December 27, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator

"I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore," he said, not troubling to keep his voice down. "I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't