PotterCast 211: Never Be Afraid to Squee

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 24, 2009, 05:33 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, has its holiday episode online, just in time for Christmas.  Our 211th episode starts off with the latest in Potter news, including a preview of the One Day in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe book from photographer Tim Hailand, a teaser of the Harry Potter LEGO game, a report from the Economist on the economy of the Harry Potter series, the many end of the year lists coming online, and a rundown of the recent commentary on HBP Live community screening with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and producer David Barron.  Next, the PotterCast holiday filks are here, giving you the first part of our collection of original holiday themed Harry Potter songs.  A Christmas themed Potter Pundits follows, with a discussion on the always eventful Christmas holiday happenings from the Harry Potter novels.  Following another round of filks, the finale to Albus Severus' story at Hogwarts wraps up his first year at Hogwarts.  The final round of filks leads us into the drums where the PotterCasters discuss their Christmas plans, snow, beer, and a goodbye to Sue.

Also, please send in your favorite PotterCast moments of 2009 to staff@pottercast.com.

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Never Be Afraid to Squee"
RT: 125:51
Producer: John Noe

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2011: A Harry Potter Conference in Orlando!
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 3
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Low-band Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

I am going to miss Sue’s joy and enthusiasm so much! Here’s hoping that she drops in for an occasional PC visit now and again.

Sue, whatever your future holds, I do hope there is at least a little broadcasting involved because you really have a gift for it.

As for a favorite PC moment, I still love the mailbag segment a few episodes back during which John and Frak discussed whether the inferi were after Harry or his clothes. Hilarious!

Posted by Jillxoxo on December 26, 2009, 08:30 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

gasp Now I noticce that all the previous news posts have been made by Edward and Melissa, not Sue… :’(

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on December 26, 2009, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

OH Sue! We will miss you. I don’t know where I will go for my weekly infusion of squee!

Posted by realspace on December 27, 2009, 02:28 AM report to moderator

I saw this on my Twitter a week ago.
Goodbye Sue, I’ll definitely miss you. At least I will carry you around with me forever as the beer glass tattooed upon my back and the yellow jewel in my brooch.
You are truly the Queen of Hufflepuff and will be missed by all who love your squeeness.

Posted by CatAlly on December 27, 2009, 03:16 AM report to moderator

Good-buy to Sue!!….you will be sorely missed.xx
Hopefully you will turn up occationally ….personnaly and/or the rest of the
gang will keep us posted how you are and what’s up with you ;;;please.

Posted by Jeannine on December 27, 2009, 04:04 AM report to moderator
Comeback_thumb

Oh Sue…:(

Posted by Companion Cube ~[FTC!]~ on December 27, 2009, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Photo_66_thumb

I cannot believe Sue is leaving. This is really upsetting, as she was my favorite. The show will just not be the same without her… it will not have the same energy. I am so depressed. But, I totally support Sue and I want her to do what she feels right. Well…. she’ll be very, very, very missed. :( :(

Posted by CaityK on December 27, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

everytime i click on the itunes or direct download links, they don’t work :(

goodbye sue pottercast will never be the same again :(

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on December 27, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Does anyone know where they put the BD-Live link? I can’t find it…

I love you, Sue!!! Pottercast won’t be the same without you…:’(

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on December 27, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Firebolt_thumb

sue say it isn’t soooo: -(

Posted by fireboltmasterbk on December 27, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

New Segment: Spy on Sue? :)

Good luck to you, dear Sue, you’re the heart and conscience of Pottercast.. And you’ll always be welcome in Slytherin House!

Posted by Averyfan on December 27, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

I already downloaded it – hopefully, once the Italian invasion is over, I will have the time to actually listen to it. Although I actually don’t want to hear with my own ears that Sue is leaving.

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on December 28, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I’ve heard half the podcast now, but I too am kind of nervous at the thought of Sue leaving… It won’t be the same without her. Otherwise, brilliant podcast epi! Acting troupe finale, pundits and filks!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on December 28, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Oh no…. Sue… leaving?? I’m gonna cry… I’m behind on Pottercast and I didn’t know this was happening…

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on December 29, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

We love you, Sue!!!

Posted by ScottMan on December 29, 2009, 03:15 AM report to moderator

[i]An alarmingly large and ferocious-looking man, Hagrid has been using his newfound authority to terrify the students in his care with a succession of horrific creatures. While Dumbledore turns a blind eye, Hagrid has maimed several pupils during a serie

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014