PotterCast 211: Never Be Afraid to Squee

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
December 24, 2009, 05:33 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, has its holiday episode online, just in time for Christmas.  Our 211th episode starts off with the latest in Potter news, including a preview of the One Day in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe book from photographer Tim Hailand, a teaser of the Harry Potter LEGO game, a report from the Economist on the economy of the Harry Potter series, the many end of the year lists coming online, and a rundown of the recent commentary on HBP Live community screening with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and producer David Barron.  Next, the PotterCast holiday filks are here, giving you the first part of our collection of original holiday themed Harry Potter songs.  A Christmas themed Potter Pundits follows, with a discussion on the always eventful Christmas holiday happenings from the Harry Potter novels.  Following another round of filks, the finale to Albus Severus' story at Hogwarts wraps up his first year at Hogwarts.  The final round of filks leads us into the drums where the PotterCasters discuss their Christmas plans, snow, beer, and a goodbye to Sue.

Also, please send in your favorite PotterCast moments of 2009 to staff@pottercast.com.

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Never Be Afraid to Squee"
RT: 125:51
Producer: John Noe

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2011: A Harry Potter Conference in Orlando!
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 3
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Low-band Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Hydrangeas_thumb

cat what to listen to it

Posted by alicia00 on December 25, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Normal_films_dh2_poster_001_thumb

Squee forever. Thanks Sue!

Posted by blockaderunner on December 26, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’m sad :( gooodbyeee sue………………….

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 26, 2009, 02:13 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Oh yeah Sue we love you billions!!!!!!

Picture_17_thumb

I got so choked up listening to Sue’s goodbyes on the latest PotterCast. Waaah! You will be missed, Sue. PC won’t be the same without you.

I hope they will do some kind of “Best of Sue” retrospective show to honor her huge contribution to the show.

Posted by SnoopMK [WBM] on December 26, 2009, 03:20 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

NOOOOOOOO! SUE!!!!! PC won’t be the same without you!sobs
I’m almost afraid to listen to this episode now…

Posted by Owana Potter on December 26, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator

Sue, I am happy for your new found adventures. You have such a life ahead of you and Leaky and PC will help you in so many of them. That being said, you will be greatly missed. Sue’s News just won’t be the same. You have been an inspiration to me on how you have lived your life. Don’t be a stranger to us here at all things Leaky.

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hp fan girl on December 26, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator

Thanks! for the PotterCast..always look forward to each
one with great antisipation!

A thought did occure though to Freak:
The book is called One Dan in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe so it would
be about him and not just a chapter ,or two of .

Tim Hailand’s photos are wonderful ,what a honor for Dan to be the first
to be a subject of this series and a honor for Tim Hailand to have him as.
I loved Dan’s thoughts and
poetic words for each picture….he is diffinetly a writer and a poet.

Posted by Jeannine on December 26, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Finally listened to the show. The Potter Pundits segment was awesome, as always. But the whole show was ruined by the sadness of Sue’s departure. :(

Posted by vespasian68967 on December 26, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I cried at the end when she announced her leaving :’(

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 26, 2009, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It has been a long run Sue… I sure will miss you… Wishing you all the best, Cheers!

Posted by Won_Two on December 26, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Photo_thumb

I’m not sure I want to listen to this episode. Plus there’s something wrong with my itunes in my iphone. I can’t download it or find it at all.

I’m really sorry to hear that Sue is leaving, you’re always so happy and a great role model for all of us I think. I’m not gonna quit my squeeing, because thats not what you want, and it makes me and the rest of us very happy. I wish you all the best! Hugs from Sweden! <3

Posted by SannaSquee on December 26, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Best wishes sue! Sue…… :(. I can’t squee now!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on December 26, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I listened to it last night and started getting teary eyed. :( I will miss hearing your squee Sue, but I wish you all the best! Please stop by once in a while and say hi. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 26, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I cried during this episode… :’(
WE LOVE YOU, SUE!!! <3

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on December 26, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator

"Well, now --" said George.[br]"-- what with Dumbledore gone --" said Fred.[br]"-- we reckon a bit of mayhem --" said George.[br]"-- is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," said Fred.