David Yates Talks King's Cross Scene for Deathly Hallows, More

DH Film
December 02, 2009, 09:53 PM

A new interview has surfaced online from La Vibra where director David Yates comments on the King's Cross scene for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Just as in the novel by J.K. Rowling, Harry (played by actor Dan Radcliffe) will appear nude for the dramatic scene where Harry meets his former teacher, the late great Professor Dumbledore. This news follows the confirmation from several days ago regarding the Silver Doe chapter where the Horcrux locket caused Ron to imagine his worst fears and played upon his insecurities and emotions, and Dan Radcliffe will be nude in the scene where the illusion Harry kisses Hermione. Also of interest is apparently another new scene written for the movie, this involving Harry and Hermione dancing. Translation from Snitchseeker:

"Well, Dan (Radcliffe) has appeared nude in the past, but there are a couple of scenes in the new film in which he will undress, but we're still thinking about how we present it. "It's a fascinating scene in which Harry and Ron (Rupert Grint) are trying to kill a Horcrux (a magical creature). It tries to defend itself and creates an image of Voldemort's soul, that shows has a series of images where Harry and Hermione (Emma Watson) are kissing and embracing. And we will create something that feels very sexy and very intriguing to bring about reaction in Rupert (who is in love with Hermione)."There is another scene in Kings Cross station, where Harry almost dies and sees Dumbledore. In that scene he will also be naked," he added.

"It's very difficult to find a favorite scene, but something we just did as part of the movie truly is priceless. It's a scene where Hermione and Harry dance together and is not in the book - it's something we created for the film and is actually very tender, very nice and respectful, and they also reveal some secrets about each other while dancing," said Yates."

Thanks to SS!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Img_0211__2__thumb

People needn’t take everything so literally. I’m certain that when they say “nude” it does not mean graphic nudity – it will be implied, most likely shown by bare chest and legs. I doubt they’ll even show a “bum shot” as some have suggested. As for the dance scene – I think it’s needed. As many have commented through the years – the chemistry between Hermione and Harry is close, especially in the early films before we knew the pairings. This is probably a scene to show that closeness as purely platonic, rather than romantic. To show the very close, sibling-type love they have for each other. For those that may not have read the books, it will be kind of an explanation of the depth of the relationship, and why Harry is with Ginny, and Hermione is with Ron. I’m sure it’s just a short, sweet scene – so don’t worry so much.

Posted by sueml on December 04, 2009, 06:11 AM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Olivia,

And long live the sarcasm!! Looooooool!!!

Posted by Thio on December 04, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I have to say I’m intreaged by Yates’ statement “It’s a scene where Hermione and Harry dance together and is not in the book – it’s something we created for the film and is actually very tender, very nice and respectful, and they also reveal some secrets about each other while dancing.” Maybe the added scene of Hermione dancing with Harry will be before Ron asks Hermione to dance in front of Krum. Example: Harry & Hermione dance, go sit down, Krum comes over, Ron arrives to take Hermione away to dance. That I could deal with, but I really want to see Ron and Hermione dance!! Its such an important moment in the book when he asks her in front of Krum.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on December 04, 2009, 07:13 AM report to moderator

Some of you are being ridiculous, saying David Yates hates a character or an actor. If you watch the two HP movies Yates has directed and have already came out, you’ll see he gives a lot of time to H/R, much moe than other directors. In fact, he puts Ron/Rupert inmany scenes where he is not supposed to be (like the forest scene), not the contrary (putting Harry in scenes where he is not in the books). So you should try to be less biased. In the last book there are many scene where Harry and Hermion share nice moments together. Maybe in the book those scenes take place in other places and in the movie it will take place in the wedding, who cares? The important thing is it’ll be shown in a way or another in the movie.
I think what some of you can not really stand is the fact that Daniel and Emma have much more chemistry than Emma and Rupert, and that’s why you don’t want to see them alone in any scene.
Well, that would be nothing like the book, and that’s what you all always complain about, when something is not canon, so don’t be hypocrites now.
It’s like the nudity, it’s clearly said Harry is nude in the book, so why should be it different in the movie? If all you always ask if for them to stay faithful.
It’s obvious they’ll only show his shoulder or chest or something liek that, so don’t make a fuss of all this. And to blame the actor? How biased is that? Stop trying to search ways to criticize Daniel, the only thing the boy has done is work in these movies for half of his life, and what a way some fans have to thank him… He is not the one who makes this decisions, that’s the director, writer and producers, so don’t be senseless.

Posted by ethanHP on December 04, 2009, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Harry and Hermione dancing at the wedding makes sense if Harry isn’t polyjuiced, but I think it is important for the development of Ron/Hermione that Ron asks Hermione for the first dance (though it makes more sense in the light of the Yule Brawl and I can’t remember if the “ask me before someone else does” line made it to the GoF movie) and they are dancing at other times (eg. when Harry is speaking to Elpphias Doge) because it needs to be established that Ron and Hermione are on the way to being a couple so it is more dramatic when Ron walks out.
But I am always worried when they change things because they hardly ever work as well as the original plot from the books and sometimes don’t make a lot of sense.

Posted by roonwit on December 04, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

oh do u think they can add a cou[ple other scenes with harry dancing with hermione that aren’t in the book. I WANT ron and hermione to dance! and wat the heck is up with the freakin peope making this film?! are tehy all hermion/harry shippers!?ugh! first dan’s nude for like 3 scenes (to make one sexy and intruging) and UGH! im so freakin mad at yates. im soo disapionted with the way he’s put together teh movies! and why!? doesn’t rupert et as much screen time as dan and emma?!!!!?UGH UGH UGH! im sorry but im soooooooooooo mad. anyway im done now.byeee

<3-hannah

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on December 04, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator

The real question here is – did DH get split into two films in order to accommodate all of the essential elements of the story, or is it just an excuse for Yates and Kloves to tinker with the details (and get extra salary for it)?

I will be livid if any the important moments of Book 7 are rushed or eliminated (the way some were in HBP), Especially if those edits are to make way for “new” material. We’ve waited a decade for this moment and deserve to receive the real deal.

Posted by Jillxoxo on December 04, 2009, 08:21 AM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

I think this could be interesting. I have a question though, is Hermione naked in the locket scene too? I mean—sure many children are going to be seeing it, but it does add more of an element for poor Ron’s character, I think it would just add more to the scene.

As for the dancing scene, I’m excited, it’s better then seeing them complain about how hungry or where they should go next :-p haha

Posted by Britski on December 04, 2009, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

Posted by Britski on December 04, 2009, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Britski: The locket-Hermione could indeed be naked (or wearing sexy underwear) but I do think they will be careful to establish this while keeping it suitable for children (they will lose a big part of their audience if there is a risk of parents thinking it is unsuitable for pre-teens).

Posted by roonwit on December 04, 2009, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

eww y does harry kiss hermione , hermione is going out with ron this is confusing i dont know 1 sentence that hermione and harry kiss that is not even right

Posted by alicia00 on December 04, 2009, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I totally need to re-read DH, because I was apparently too absorbed in the story to figure out that Harry was naked for certain scenes. Runs off to find book

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on December 04, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Well, the other stuff sounds ok. I doubt they will actually show the private stuff, I mean little kids will want to see this! I really don’t like the sound of the dancing scene though. I mean is it gonna be mushy and everything?

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 04, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

alicia00: Locket-Hermione and Locket-Harry do embrace and kiss in the book, and it is left open as to whether they are naked or not. Also, strictly speaking, Ron isn’t going out with Hermione until the Epilogue, though it is clear they were getting together as the main story ended.

Posted by roonwit on December 04, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Why are there more goddamn Harry and Hermione scenes than Ron and Hermione? WHY do Harry and Hermione need to dance? WHY! So help me Godric if Ron and Hermione don’t dance at the wedding…

Posted by Christine on December 04, 2009, 09:45 AM report to moderator

"The sooner we get on the train, the better," he said. "At least I can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing me of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. You know," Ron grimaced, "his [i]girlfriend.[/i] She's hidden her face under