David Yates Talks King's Cross Scene for Deathly Hallows, More

DH Film
December 02, 2009, 09:53 PM

A new interview has surfaced online from La Vibra where director David Yates comments on the King's Cross scene for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Just as in the novel by J.K. Rowling, Harry (played by actor Dan Radcliffe) will appear nude for the dramatic scene where Harry meets his former teacher, the late great Professor Dumbledore. This news follows the confirmation from several days ago regarding the Silver Doe chapter where the Horcrux locket caused Ron to imagine his worst fears and played upon his insecurities and emotions, and Dan Radcliffe will be nude in the scene where the illusion Harry kisses Hermione. Also of interest is apparently another new scene written for the movie, this involving Harry and Hermione dancing. Translation from Snitchseeker:

"Well, Dan (Radcliffe) has appeared nude in the past, but there are a couple of scenes in the new film in which he will undress, but we're still thinking about how we present it. "It's a fascinating scene in which Harry and Ron (Rupert Grint) are trying to kill a Horcrux (a magical creature). It tries to defend itself and creates an image of Voldemort's soul, that shows has a series of images where Harry and Hermione (Emma Watson) are kissing and embracing. And we will create something that feels very sexy and very intriguing to bring about reaction in Rupert (who is in love with Hermione)."There is another scene in Kings Cross station, where Harry almost dies and sees Dumbledore. In that scene he will also be naked," he added.

"It's very difficult to find a favorite scene, but something we just did as part of the movie truly is priceless. It's a scene where Hermione and Harry dance together and is not in the book - it's something we created for the film and is actually very tender, very nice and respectful, and they also reveal some secrets about each other while dancing," said Yates."

Thanks to SS!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Lawgcav_thumb

Seriously, aren’t you guys used to this yet?

Posted by Atticus on December 03, 2009, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

if they have to insist on him being nude then they better not do a frontal shot…just his butt…cuz that would be very inappropriate for a Harry Potter movie, that MILLIONS of LITTLE KIDS go to see

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on December 03, 2009, 11:37 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Atticus,

Loool!! Good point. I was thinking that actually. I don’t know why we keep having the same discussions over and over again. I guess it’s part of the fun right?

Posted by Thio on December 04, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Really? Harry and Hermione dancing. Oh yeah, that’s totally in character, right? Because they would totally break out into a dance. I’m not liking this. Mainly because H/Hr = NO. But I’m sure it’ll just be a friendship thing. But really? Do we need more Harry and Hermione moments? No. We need more Ron and Hermione.

Posted by Christine on December 04, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

hpfanaticfan2011,

They won’t do a frontal nude shot. Don’t worry about it. I’m pretty sure it will be something like it was in the Goblet of Fire.

Don’t worry about the nude guys. It won’t be nothing. WB would never risk HP franchise this way.

But wouldn’t it be funny if the first DH movie poster was a big close up on Harry’s bare butt with the sayings “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” just bellow it?

Posted by Thio on December 04, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Hmmm…new scene,again? Let’s see…..

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on December 04, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

Hey Thio, am glad some people dont go crazy over every little thing. I’m as big a HP fan as anyone else but I’m also a movie fan. Yes, Kloves is not my fave screenwriter but the HP books are difficult ones to adapt. And the dancing is prob in there to establish some H/Her thoughts which are easy to do in books but more difficult in film. I dont like all the negativity.

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on December 04, 2009, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

well it’s not how i imagined it… but ok i guess.
wait will Emma be nude to?
this is really confusing, why are they nude again?

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on December 04, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

Vineeth Chacko,

Lol! Thanks.
Ans yes! I get the reason why they want to do the dance between Harry and Hermione and I agree. But I still think it may take some of the impact of the Ron&Hermione dance if they both dance with her.

They could just as easily solve this with a small dialogue scene between Harry and Hermione sitting at the table while Ron get up to get some drinks, you know?

But it’s cool. We have to wait and see how it turns out… =)

Posted by Thio on December 04, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

This is my favourite post of the day! I am SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW! I can’t wait to see that scene. And, I love when they make scenes just for the films…It’s amazing!

Posted by Smitch on December 04, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Lianne_2_thumb

I trust the filmmakers enough to handle the nude scenes well. I didn’t for one second, think that they will do anything too obscene.

As for the Harry and Hermione dance, I’m assuming that it’s from the wedding. While I would be very disappointed if they cut the Ron and Hermione dance to add this scene, I think I kinda get why they might like to play it out. They could make it out to be something Ron witnesses that’ll fuel his jealousy of a non-existent Harry/Hermione romance. It will certainly make the locket Horcrux scene more potent.

Posted by ane_drew on December 04, 2009, 01:12 AM report to moderator
Nn7860c_thumb

I am sure that the Harry and Hermione dance will be really great!
As for naked Dan…Why not?

Posted by Dolph Gray on December 04, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Well I’m really excited for the Kings Cross scene. It is such a powerful scene in the book so, I will be interested to see how it’s done in the movie.
It was a little disappointing in the interview that Yates said his favorite scene of the entire DH movies is one that they invented for the movie. Hmmm …

Posted by Moose_Starr on December 04, 2009, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

As long as they stick to the main point of the books, extra scenes that make the movie flow better is ok.

Posted by beewell on December 04, 2009, 01:51 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Well, I have never hidden my dislike for Yates’ work, although I have preferred Kloves as the screenwriter. And the playing up of the H/Herm relationship annoy me as well, so the dance scene will be yet another irked moment (presumably, it includes a cut to poor Rupert glaring and glowering, to show he’s jealous?). Nude scene? huh, realistically, as others have noted, there might be a shot of Radcliffe’s butt at most, and that’s all…this isn’t equus or torchwood after all.

But, after seeing the butchery that has been done to the Twilight films, gang, we should be thankful for the superior quality of the HP films. The superb, sharp, intelligent and sarcastic dialogue of Meyer’s novels was reduced to the worst imitation of Valley Girl I have ever endured…the photography, the direction…let’s count our blessings that the HP films came out as good as they have!

In fact, until the arrival of DH 1 and then DH 2, I will not complain in the least about the forthcoming films, but wait until I have watched them and can specifically point to problems, best scenes, etc….

Posted by budb on December 04, 2009, 01:54 AM report to moderator

"Dumbledore wants to stop you having all those dreams about Voldemort," said Hermione at once. "Well, you won't be sorry not to have them anymore, will you?"[br]"Extra lessons with Snape?" said Ron, sounding aghast. "I'd rather have the nightmares!"