David Yates Talks King's Cross Scene for Deathly Hallows, More

DH Film
December 02, 2009, 09:53 PM

A new interview has surfaced online from La Vibra where director David Yates comments on the King's Cross scene for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Just as in the novel by J.K. Rowling, Harry (played by actor Dan Radcliffe) will appear nude for the dramatic scene where Harry meets his former teacher, the late great Professor Dumbledore. This news follows the confirmation from several days ago regarding the Silver Doe chapter where the Horcrux locket caused Ron to imagine his worst fears and played upon his insecurities and emotions, and Dan Radcliffe will be nude in the scene where the illusion Harry kisses Hermione. Also of interest is apparently another new scene written for the movie, this involving Harry and Hermione dancing. Translation from Snitchseeker:

"Well, Dan (Radcliffe) has appeared nude in the past, but there are a couple of scenes in the new film in which he will undress, but we're still thinking about how we present it. "It's a fascinating scene in which Harry and Ron (Rupert Grint) are trying to kill a Horcrux (a magical creature). It tries to defend itself and creates an image of Voldemort's soul, that shows has a series of images where Harry and Hermione (Emma Watson) are kissing and embracing. And we will create something that feels very sexy and very intriguing to bring about reaction in Rupert (who is in love with Hermione)."There is another scene in Kings Cross station, where Harry almost dies and sees Dumbledore. In that scene he will also be naked," he added.

"It's very difficult to find a favorite scene, but something we just did as part of the movie truly is priceless. It's a scene where Hermione and Harry dance together and is not in the book - it's something we created for the film and is actually very tender, very nice and respectful, and they also reveal some secrets about each other while dancing," said Yates."

Thanks to SS!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatar_thumb

for the love of god yates, please stop adding new scenes they are unnecessary. JKR wrote a good book, stick to what she wrote!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on December 03, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator

I really hate added scenes when there is such rich material to work with from the novels.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on December 03, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator
9388541_thumb

Why can’t they just have Ron and Hermione dance? You know, like in the book.

Posted by downtownpunk on December 03, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

STOP ADDING THINGS!!!

he’s going to ruin everything!! the scenes between harry and hermione in HBP were alright, but nothing like the harry and hermione in the book!!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on December 03, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

The nude scene will not be nude, its a “kids” movie, the scene will be dark (they will change the end with Dumbledore and of course nothing will come about.
I am betting the dancing will come either at the wedding or when they are in Godrics Hollow for Christmas.

Posted by Swizzle on December 03, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

“they also reveal some secrets about each other while dancing”

WHAT?!

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on December 03, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

I personally think everyone who is freaking out over the dance and the nude scenes needs to calm down. I think the dance will be super cute and I am happy they are having that. By the way I am in no way a H/Hr shipper…at all. In fact I am a huge H/G and R/Hr shipper. This scene will show their close friendship and I like that because I am a big fan of their friendship. As for the nude scenes…I’m sure it’s not going to be anything over the top. Harry is supposed to be naked during King’s Cross and the horcrux scene dosn’t sound too bad to me. I am excited with all of this news and until we actually see the movie I don’t think we can judge. I have a feeling I will like this movie the best out of all the HP movies.

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on December 03, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator

As a ron/Hermione lover I am excited for the new scene. Just because two friends dance doesnt mean anything plus they could talk about how they miss ron and ginny or about the times in which they are living. It will be a beautiful scene between two friends. I have always felt that they have never explored that relationship very much. Plus who said Ron and Hermione dont dance too! You people read too much into things in my opinion. Take a deep breathe and just think of it as an exploration of character.

Posted by jreineke3 on December 03, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Amelie_by_yishui_thumb

Stop trying to make Harry/Hermione happen!

Posted by RAzzLe on December 03, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator

Does this mean Hermione will be nude in that scene too? I am so not ready for that. Do they realize that young children will go to see this movie?

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on December 03, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I do not think he is going to be actually full nude in the movie people. He was also nude in GoF for the bathtub scene and we didn’t see much there, did we? I truely wouldn’t worry about Dan being naked.

I agree though, I’m not a fan of them adding in extra scenes, but I will reserve my judgement till I see the movies.

Posted by Figment on December 03, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Irish_eyes_thumb

Hmm. So wonder what they’ll cut to cram in this ridiculous Harry/Hermione dance scene they dreamed up? No doubt Kloves will be able to convince Yates there’s a very simple choice for that, something truly expendable, no one will miss it in the the slightest! Just cut out that Ron bloke taking up all that film time destroying the horcrux with the Sword of Gryffindor. Boring stuff, that.

shakes head at what filmmakers feel at liberty to do

Posted by Night Zephyr on December 03, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I understand how it can be upsetting to here about Harry and Hermione dancing… but I truly doubt it’s going to be romantic. I see it as being a friendship dance, something sweet and simple. As for the nude scenes… not sure how they will do properly though, especially with the scene of Hermione and Harry as the Horocux. And if Harry will be nude for that kissing scene, then what about Hermione?? I’m just kinda confused…. Well all-in-all I’m not going to make too many judgements now.. it’s too early and you never know how it’ll be until you see the movie anyways.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 03, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator

Guys, the relationship between Harry and Hermione has never elevated beyond friendship in the films and they have made it quite evident that they don’t like each other in that way on several occasions, Dumbledore even asks Harry about it in the sixth film. Harry and Hermione have an incredible friendship in the books and I think it’s just as important to develop that on-screen, for scenes such as the Godric’s Hollow scene and after Ron leaves in general. Dan and Emma have fantastic chemistry and it’s great that Yates is giving them room to perform off one another. He doesn’t say anything about it being romantic. Also did anyone ever consider that the dance scene will be there to visually show us that Ron may be a little jealous? They can be dancing and talking and laughing and there will be a shot of Ron during it all looking a bit distraught. On film, this allows us to see that there’s some jealousy— had they shown us the scene where Voldemort creates the image of Harry and Hermione kissing, it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense because that would imply that Ron has some pre-established jealousy and that he thinks that Hermione might like Harry more.

It’s simply part of how you go about expressing things on film and I seriously think everyone is overreacting about this to an incredible degree. Yates proved himself on Order of the Phoenix and even moreso on Half-Blood Prince and I seriously doubt he’s going to mess anything up here. Just because they don’t have a romance together doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t have character growth between them— especially considering that Harry and Hermione’s friendship comes out moreso in Deathly Hallows than any of the other books.

Posted by darthorcrux on December 03, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Honestly, I don’t mind the dancing. This doesn’t mean that Ron won’t dance with Hermoine at the wedding. We have no clue what this is. For all we know it could take place during Christmas at Godric’s Hollow. That’s when JKR put their tender moment. We really shouldn’t be judging these movies until we see them. We can imagine something but it won’t be accurate until we see it in context.

Posted by eiVega on December 03, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in [i]Hogwarts, A History.[/i]"