Times Online Significant Others Q&A with Tom Felton

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
December 18, 2009, 10:38 PM

Times Online has a fun and probing Q&A with actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) online tonight, in which he discusses the people in his life who have been most significant.  In the article, which can be read via this link, Mr. Felton speaks to the reactions of his friends to his work on the Harry Potter films, the sacrifices of his mother, support of his family, and more.  In regards to Harry Potter, the young actor says the following of director David Yates, who he lists as his most "Inspirational Director."  Quoteage:

My inspirational director
"David Yates [who directed the past three Harry Potter films] has this beautiful calmness and clarity about what he wants. I had no confidence in my ability to be an actor for the rest of my life, but he embedded a passion for film in me."
When speaking about his desire for acting, Mr. Felton relates:
"I have been acting since I was 9, but at that age you can’t go up to London on your own or agree to anything independently, so she was always with me. At one point I got a part that required filming in Malaysia for four months, so she had to give up her job to come with me. It didn’t mean anything to me at the time, but I hope that in years to come I can repay her."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

_r9kau7w_thumb

aww that was a nice interveiw. i hope he can make a name for himself after hp so hes not just known as “draco” and do more stuff than hp—become a well-rounded actor…tom seems like such a nice guy.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on December 20, 2009, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_6_40_thumb

i love the interviews with tom. the story with his dog is the same with my mum! im definatly going to buy a dog when i move out.:)

Posted by nox avis on December 21, 2009, 01:57 AM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

Aaaw, so sweet of him, talking about his mother like that.

Posted by hermione97 on December 21, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

Tom is awesome!

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on December 21, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

He seems like such a nice guy! :o)

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on December 21, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I was kind of sad to see that he didn’t list JKR as one of his influences or someone who inspires him, however i have no doubt from this interview or any others that he is extremely appreciate of his potter family and the opportunities he has had and will have in the future.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on December 21, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator

I am glad to see more interviews are being done with the other actors besides Emma and Daniel. Don’t get me wrong I like Emma and Daniel. It is great to see Tom, Rupert, Bonnie and the others to be acknowledged for their contributions to the HP films.

Posted by hrhgnl on December 22, 2009, 06:38 AM report to moderator

What I’d like to know is, how do Felton and Radcliffe get along in real life, because their characters hate each other.

Posted by Harronione on December 22, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Awww. Totally deserves the success he’s got. We’re proud of you, Tom!!

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on December 24, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool !!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on December 25, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Hermione-granger_thumb

he seems like such a nice guy! i hope that life treats him well post-HP

Posted by princesspeach [WBM!] on January 08, 2010, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

He’s such a nice guy!! He looks quite funny though!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 10, 2010, 11:09 PM report to moderator

I love Tom, he’s a great actor and imho he was the very best on HBP:)

Posted by Maria Ksand on January 12, 2010, 09:22 AM report to moderator

Marauder's Map: [i]"Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014